PDA

View Full Version : GlobeSpan Flights

lifeistooshort
2nd Apr 2009, 18:32
:D A big hello to all the Globespan boys and girls out there! I have read this thread with much interest but have a question for you if you can help.

I am currently trying to book the family holiday in July 09 to TFS from GLA and the Globespan flights and times look to be the best around. However, being the careful and considered type that I am, I am trying to include Airline Failure Insurance with my usual Holiday Insurance. The problem I have is that the Insurer will not cover flights with Globespan. Thomson - 'Yes'; Thomas Cook - 'Yes'; Easyjet - 'Yes'; and Monarch - 'Yes' but not Globespan. Is there something I should know? I am being told that if I book such tickets then it's at my own risk.

I don't want to play fast and loose with my family holiday but at the same time want to support a local supplier. What should I do? :ugh:

GSM SCOT
2nd Apr 2009, 19:58
Book it, you won't need the airline failure insurance. I you are booking a holiday you are covered by ATOL.

DAVYDAY
2nd Apr 2009, 20:14
lifeistooshort..Yeah you have every reason to be careful for your family, so many airlines have went bust leaving the customer stranded..Air Scotland for one ,Zoom are just 2 Scottish airlines in the last few years.

Why CAN you not get insurance ? I would be very scared as well..
best book with one of the major companies that the insurance companies recognise and have a great holiday TFS is nice.
TC have regular flights.

There are stories not getting told ,but you will read about them soon,
(no doubt).

Paddy power had Globespan down as the next airline to fold, maybe thats why the insurance companies wont cover them!:oh:

gsm_easy
2nd Apr 2009, 20:18
You can buy airline failure insurance from the globespan website, click the "book extras" blue button at the top and select the "Travel insurance including scheduled airline failure"

Equally if you buy on credit card your credit card company will honour any loses.... also if you book a holiday with globespan the government will honour any loses under the ATOL protection scheme.

Globespan have been around for thirty years, despite what DAVY trys to stir up I doubt for one that we will see an end to them in the near future.

Enjoy your globespan holiday.

GSM SCOT
2nd Apr 2009, 20:47
The difference between GSM and the other airlines is that GSM do not have any debt. Its owned by one person and no bank can pull the plug.

Paddy Power were quick enough to remove GSM from their website when threatened with legal action.