PDA

View Full Version : JAA medical on Mallorca or in Valencia?

FlyTCI
2nd Apr 2009, 17:01
Hola amigos

I'm a Swedish citizen living in the US but working for a Swiss company operating in Africa. Sounds tricky doesn't it :} ..

My medical expires at the end of this month and normally I would renew it while visiting Sweden, but this year that won't be the case. However, I am heading over to Spain next week and was hoping I could do it there instead. I'm spending a couple of days close to Valencia before heading over to Mallorca for about a week.

Would it be possible, with this short notice, to arrange to have my medical done at either of these places? I would prefer Mallorca since I will have more time to get it done while there. Also, how would I go about and find a JAA doctor who can do the exam?

I appreciate any help!

CrazySpaniard
2nd Apr 2009, 17:44
Jeesh! Swedish, living in the US, flying in Africa and renewing your medical in Spain. Is your license Australian or something? :p

Anyway. Dunno if the Spanish medical will be good for your license or not, but I´m sure you do, so...

I guess you have time to arrange it all. Usually, it takes a while, but we´re talking about a month here, so that could be fine. Whatever, here you have a couple links to the approved centers:

Class 1, initial, repetitive and extended. (http://www.seguridadaerea.es/AESA/LANG_CASTELLANO/COMERCIAL/MEDICINA/CENTROS/centros_apdo_1.htm)
Class 1, repetitive and extended. (http://www.seguridadaerea.es/AESA/LANG_CASTELLANO/COMERCIAL/MEDICINA/CENTROS/centros_apdo_2.htm)

It´s in Spanish but, since it´s all addresses and phone numbers, you´ll be alright.

Cheers

FlyTCI
2nd Apr 2009, 22:34
CS, you forgot that my employer is Swiss (note: Swiss does not equal Swedish, common mistake) :).

I'll have my Spanish speaking friend take a look at these sites. I also asked my company to ask the Spaniards we having flying for us.

Thanks for the links..

sipi
8th Apr 2009, 21:12
In PMI, Tuesdays and Thursdays 08:00 LT in POLICLINICA MIRAMAR, the doctor's name ALVARO HEBRERO, About 180€,
I'm sure you will find the rest

Hope it helps

SIPI

Blohm
9th Apr 2009, 11:21
Hey there Swedish Man, worked for a swedish guy before, Thomas Johanson with Transjet. Good deal, good man. You indicate you are working for a Swiss company in Africa. Is that Zimex by any chance? Always wanted to work for them, am getting my european license now, so maybe after compleation I will finally apply. Have been flying on my FAA license so far.

FlyTCI
23rd Apr 2009, 03:19
Update:

Had my medical done last week in Palma and all went well. The nurse doing the paperwork was Danish and the eye doctor had lived in Sweden for 10 years so it was almost like doing at home. Except talking to the shrink, never done that for a yearly medical :}.

Since they had to analyze a couple of tests I could not get the medical in my hand the same day, but they had it expedited and I picked it up the following day.

Thanks for those of you helping me out.

Blohm, yes I am with Zimex. At least in a way. I am a freelance captain and was told in January due to lost contracts my service was not needed at the time. They are keeping me in the loop, even though several permanent people being let go off, and hopefully I will have a pay check soon again. As far as new hiring I guess it could be a while. Oil is not too hot at the moment as you might know.

FT