PDA

View Full Version : FlyMap on eBay (and it's not mine!)

JTobias
2nd Apr 2009, 09:38
Boys and girls there is a nice pretty Flymap on e-bay if anyone is interested.
And before you all say anything, it's not mine!

Joel:ok:

HeliCraig
2nd Apr 2009, 09:40
I shall be watching this, as I have the PDA version and am thinking of possibly selling it soon... as a little birdy tells me the original UK dealer has a new product of their own coming out - which looks very nice indeed!!

JTobias
2nd Apr 2009, 11:05
it's a fantastic bit of kit

Joel

rotorspin
2nd Apr 2009, 13:16
there's a nice Garmin 296 on there too! :O

HeliCraig
2nd Apr 2009, 14:17
Joel - you talking about the new bit of kit, or the FlyMap?

61 Lafite
2nd Apr 2009, 16:00
a little birdy tells me the original UK dealer has a new product of their own coming out - which looks very nice indeed!!

I'd strongly recommend that you talk to the flymap Germany people if you want to be able to compare the two systems. Wills Engineering has a great sales pitch, you should make sure you have compared it with the Flymap manufacturers pitch before making the decision!

You can still buy Flymaps with all the latest CAA maps etc, contrary to some rumours and statements I received when I was considering buying one, and no reason to doubt access to future updates.

I have compared and decided to go with a Flymap L. Shame I ordered it before seeing the ebay auction!

Lafite.

levo
2nd Apr 2009, 17:10
Hi whats the item number

HeliCraig
2nd Apr 2009, 17:24
Lafite, you are right the german guys are great; just updated my charts with them. In all honesty I'll probably stick with the FlyMap for this year and then if this new unit is as good as the pitch I'll have to hope Santa brings me something nice!!

(Is this the first mention of Christmas 09 on Pprune?)

Floppy Link
2nd Apr 2009, 18:22
Letterkenny had a break in and some stuff stolen recently...please check out
http://http://www.flyinginirelandmagazine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3981 for the list just in case an ebay find seems to good to be true....

Clitheroe Kid
3rd Apr 2009, 08:01
The Flymap on eBay is mine. I bought it in late 2007 for my Enstrom 480 and still have receipts if anyone wants to see them.

toptobottom
6th Apr 2009, 10:28
The Flymap on eBay is mine. I bought it in late 2007 for my Enstrom 480 and still have receipts if anyone wants to see them.

What are you upgrading to?? I have a FlyMapL and apart from a couple of very annoying 'features', I think it's a great piece of [expensive] kit.

Has anyone actually seen the new kit coming from Wills Engineering? I've heard lots of stories, but I've been waiting for well over 6 months to see anything...