PDA

View Full Version : Jagson Airlines Delhi

l8starter
1st Apr 2009, 14:31
I've searched for this company on the Forum but came with only one very oblique reference. Does anybody know anything of this operator ? From their website they look to be quite a small outfit, operating the Dornier 228. However, an agency is telling me they are also getting ERJ145's, and are recruiting for them.

The deal is absolutley awful, but it's a job, so please no bitching about standing up for our Rights, Terms and Conditions etc etc, it's been done to death elsewhere, and I'm a big boy who can make up his own mind, and I can always leave if I don't like it etc etc (might be my only chance to see India anyway, and there will be plenty of opportunity), so only facts about the company PLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSE !!!! ;-))

Thank you.

L8.

alouette3
1st Apr 2009, 15:04
My info. is very outdated. When they first started, they were advertised as a third level airline. That meant that they could not operate routes that were premier and had to stick to feeder routes for underserved locations. Kind of similar to the Govt. run Vayudoot of old.
They are a very small operator and used to have flights from Delhi to the vacation spots in the hills of north India.
Don't know about the latest expansion plans or their hiring practices. But given the size they probably are very selective in their hiring and will probably hire ex Air Force/Navy guys. But that is my opinion. Good Luck in your efforts to get hired on.

Alt3.

flankerpilot
1st Apr 2009, 15:08
My info is also quite outdated , but here is my info

When you join you pay for a TR for the Do228 which is around 10-14 Lakhs approx (which is useless once you quit and YOU WILL)

Be very careful when joining Jagson , even if you are that desperate in trying to land a job I would rather try my luck in GA or get in a flying club.

Schumi - Red Baron
1st Apr 2009, 16:00
I don't have any first hand experience but from the info. i have, I can say that avoid Jagson at any cost... As i have posted somewhere earlier also, don't ruin your career by joining them... Jagson haven't flown for past 8-9 months... I think that says everything... They will bind you into a contract and then you are just a puppet for them...

They give a flight schedule on their website.... Just check out how many flights do they fly (if they do fly) and how many they cancel...

Good luck...:ok:

hs32gs
2nd Apr 2009, 03:49
Jagson means Jag+son.The first name of the owner is JAG/DISH.So JAG comes from there .In that part of the world it is common practise to add SON/SONS to any business enterprise.The main business is oil drilling but they have a Do 228 .This is India's first private airline starting even before Jet Airways and in last 20 years they are stuck at just one aeroplane.The other a/c is on AOG for cannibalisation. I had the good fortune to be associated with them in the hope of an endorsement for more than one year and did not receive a single rupee for the entire period.Incidentally when I was working the autopilot + engine anti/de icing had been removed
to reduce weight.Also the wx radar was not in good shape.I hope that helps.

shuchim
3rd Apr 2009, 15:08
ya they r on there expansion plan but dont know which aircraft they r getting its just mention in newspaper 50-60 sitter aircraft they going to get. and they have started recruiting guys for there new aircrafts so in my opinion join that if u get offer but if they want u to do TR on dornior then think twice .

l8starter
3rd Apr 2009, 15:43
Thanks for the replies guys, ALL are very much appreciated, especially hs32gs, you cann't beat getting gen from the horses mouth !

Schumi, my career is almost ruined anyway, so got nothing to lose, and as I said if I don't like it I can always walk, and at least I've had some flying, and an experience in a part of the world I've never been to and always wanted to visit. Might as well get paid to see it. The money is awful admittedly, but it's a month on/month off (half pay), but loads of time to go see India !

Agent 123, sounds like you've got a personal beef with them ? Could be wrong of course, but if you would care to elaborate on your post it might myself, and others who might be contemplating job.

Shuchim, I'm an ERJ145 driver so that's what it's got to be - only 50 seats !

Thanks again, and keep 'em comming, I know ther's a few ERJ145 drivers out there looking, and there isn't much going anywhere for this type.

Cheers,

L8.

Psnake
3rd Apr 2009, 19:45
believe me all these guys are just trying to misguide you.. jagson airlines is wonderful operator and India a nice place..

:E Cheers :E

indian eng
6th Apr 2009, 15:54
http://static.pprune.org/images/infopop/icons/icon5.gif getting job but 7 years contract?
hi guys i am really confuse about that should i take job or reject ?pls help me i am having just one day to make decision on it .these r the details

i have been offered a job by an airline which operate only dornier 228 aircraft and they will send me on course and will pay all TR cost but they want me to sign 7 years contract.

i am really confuse because dorneir i dont think i will have any future when i leave the company because no where in world right now dornier is flying.this could be good offer if i see because i am just 21 and passed out my AME licence course 1 year back and offerd a job to be AME which is something that matters to me in this bad condition of aviation because from last 6 month i am sitting jobless at home?airline in turkey