PDA

View Full Version : pinkandpearls

glenb
31st Mar 2009, 12:57
I have absolutely no vested interest in this at all. Have a look at what is one of the most inspirational websites i have come accross, in my life. I spoke to these two ladies down at the airport today. I came home and finally got a chance to check out their website. It absolutely blew me away. Any slight trace of male chauvenistic tendencies will be blown out of the water by anyone who reads this website, and i mean really reads it. Lets hope that in tough economic times that we can all get behind these ventures and keep people inspired by this industry.

i assure you this is totally unsolicited.

Welcome (http://www.pinkandpearls.com.au)

Lasiorhinus
31st Mar 2009, 13:04
And good on ya for your support, Glen!

VH-XXX
31st Mar 2009, 23:24
Great stuff and happy to throw a few dollars at it given they are in Melbourne and female and stuff.

What do you mean by:

"will be blown out of the water by anyone who reads this website, and i mean really reads it"

There is like 1 paragraph on there about what they are planning to do, are you referring to a link further into the page or something?

Personally I would like to see a little more information, such as a bit more of an explanation of their dream and how they may go about achieving it. It looks like someone set the site up in 5 minutes and is asking for money.

j3pipercub
1st Apr 2009, 02:00
Interesting website,

But it never ceases to amaze me that, guy or girl we should be supporting them on their 'adventure' over in the states?

Maybe I should set up a website next time I want to go to Europe and do some flying??

One thing that I find interesting is that they both have flying jobs (given one probably isn't getting paid to tow gliders, but they're still hours in this "downturn in the aviation industry") and they are going to leave those jobs and go and have a jolly around the states?

I wish them the best of luck, but as far as financial support, sorry, no.

j3

Aerodynamisist
1st Apr 2009, 05:05
Go on give em 20 bucks, if I can't go on an adventure i'm glad some one else is.

Beeroclock
1st Apr 2009, 05:20
Yeah sure i will help pay for you to go on holidays...

grrowler
1st Apr 2009, 06:26
As there is a downturn in the aviation industry associated with the current economic climate I have decided to create my own adventure - an Airbus type rating in France!!! please send money so I can realise my dream...:hmm:

Sorry to be so cynical, but I didn't find the website inspirational. Innovative perhaps, but inspirational, no.

tail wheel
1st Apr 2009, 07:09
PPRuNe can not be used in any way to raise funds for, or promote this 'venture' without this site owner's approval, which would probably not be granted unless all donations were to a recognised charity.

I am yet to see the point of this thread.

If the purpose of this thread is to canvas donations, the thread will be removed.

RadioSaigon
1st Apr 2009, 07:36
Good on 'em for having a go, I reckon, but...

I've had a pretty thorough look at the site and I really fail to see anything even remotely "inspirational" in there, nothing that came even close to "blowing me away" and by what mechanism any "slight trace of male chauvinistic tendencies will be blown out of the water" is beyond me. All I see is a couple of sheila's having a crack at something 10's of thousand of pilots (of either gender) have done before them. In fact, if anything I would say the website's tone is more "female-chauvinistic" than anything else. But that seems to be the way of the world just now, doesn't it.

A waste of band-width here IMO, and barely relevant.