PDA

View Full Version : Light aircraft rental in Brisbane, Oz

profot
30th Mar 2009, 15:41
Anyone able to recommend somewhere I can rent a light twin or perhaps a light single somewhere near to Brisbane?

I am heading over there for a month and staying just an hour south of Brisbane in Sanctuary cove.

Thanks in advance

Tinstaafl
30th Mar 2009, 23:17
You have several options for airports with schools that will rent an a/c to you. Gold Coast/Coolangatta to the south, straddling the QLD/NSW border. and Archerfield to the WSW of Brisbane. If you want to go further afield then Redcliffe & Caboolture to the north of Brisbane aren't more than an hour or two away via the Gateway arterial at 2am Sunday morning. Other times it depends on traffic.

There are a few other airstrips that cater to ultralights or a GA/ultralight mix or are private only. Buggered if I know what they might have.

Look in the phone book/yellow pages under flying schools or flying training & you'll find who's available and where.

Yellow Pages local business directory - yellow.com.au (http://www.yellowpages.com.au)

profot
31st Mar 2009, 15:52
Appreciate the response, i'll look into those listed for starters.. Many thanks.

Lasiorhinus
1st Apr 2009, 10:37
You'll need a security clearance, too, to fly an aircraft in Australia.

longrass
1st Apr 2009, 23:29
Since hes staying at sanctuary cove im guessing that money isnt an issue, try southport airport, just google it, if your pockets are deep enough that is, ($750 per landing for non members i believe) There is now a TBM700 for hire, 2 big smackos per hour, full glass too......