PDA

View Full Version : Cessna parts to India

EchoMike
30th Mar 2009, 02:55
Need a bit of advice/information.

Someone in India is looking to buy some new and some used Cessna parts from me - legitimate deal, I know him, no worries there.

What paperwork does DGCA require for new/used aircraft parts imported into India for use on small private aircraft?

I do know that most of CAA/JAA-land requires an FAA 8130 form as proof of airworthiness (old "yellow tag" = "airworthy part") but I have been led to understand that India may not require this as the 8130 is mostly used in Euroland.

What duties is he likely to have to pay, any tips on getting through customs, declarations required, basically I'm looking for an overview of how the paperwork end of this works.

Any help or advice is appreciated, he's stuck and wants to fly again with as little hassle, paper-pushing and expense as possible (don't we all!).

Best Regards,

Echo Mike

NZ X man
30th Mar 2009, 09:12
I am not sure what parts need what sticker to satisfy the Indian DGCA, probably simple, their pretty inept, as far as customs, they are a pain ,and the person or persons who receive the stuff will need the wink, wink, how much, say no more ability, which most of them do who have brought parts into India before. We had an AOG aircraft, and the customs let it go on a Sunday, do the ability of the person who was their to liaison , so to speak. Indian Rupee works well also.

Good Luck