PDA

View Full Version : I have my apititude tests coming up. Are there any simulation games I can practice?

dinna ken
27th Mar 2009, 12:12
Ive heard through the 'grape vine' that there are civil aviation games, which feature some the apititude tests for RAF Cranwell. Example : answering of questions on screen while completing a task.

Discuss!

airborne_artist
27th Mar 2009, 12:55
I've heard through the grapevine that there are clever thingummies that search the interweb for you, and sticky threads on this forum just for wannabes.

Discuss :ugh:

Focks 2
27th Mar 2009, 14:00
Some of these might help:

War on Terror (http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/waronterror.html)

GPMG
27th Mar 2009, 14:21
So you need sim software to help you join the RAF...hmmmmm

Jet Set Willy?

Airborne Aircrew
27th Mar 2009, 16:00
Ahem...

You're not allowed to call it the Global War on Terror any more. The Messiah, (aka Obama), has already ended that. :D:D:D If there were to be anything happening now along those lines it is now know as, (per the Messiah), "The Overseas Contingency Operation".

Furthermore, since the Global War on Terror is over there, obviously, can't be any Terrorist Attacks. If anything "strange" were to happen during the Overseas Contingency Operation then it would be known as a "Man Caused Disaster"...

I'm sure you'll all be very please and will give praise to the Great One.

airborne_artist
27th Mar 2009, 16:03
I have my apititude tests coming up.........which feature some the apititude tests for RAF

Let's hope you don't have any spelling tests :E

Airborne Aircrew
27th Mar 2009, 16:05
Let's hope you don't have any spelling tests

You know... You can be such a bitch...;)

Donna K Babbs
27th Mar 2009, 23:54
You're not allowed to call it the Global War on Terror any more. The Messiah, (aka Obama), has already ended that. :D:D:D If there were to be anything happening now along those lines it is now know as, (per the Messiah), "The Overseas Contingency Operation".

I believe that to be more politically correct, the phrase has since been superseded by Contingency for Universal Neutralisation of Terrorist States. I can't remember the acronym used.

Riskman
28th Mar 2009, 21:49
This has previously been recommended.:E

The eyeballing game (http://woodgears.ca/eyeball/)

Fark'n'ell
29th Mar 2009, 07:20
DKB
Contingency for Universal Neutralisation of Terrorist States. I can't remember the acronym used.Is'nt that also known as the "Hairy Magnet":D

cazatou
29th Mar 2009, 09:11
dk

Two words of advice:

Be Yourself

The people who will be interviewing you are interested in YOU not some clone from a video.

Winch-control
29th Mar 2009, 12:26
Truth be known, there are lots of games you can play... Psychometric testing and HR are the major contributors to recruitment these days. Military as much as any other company. Hr is easily solved, do the same as they do and google the hardest 100 questions, remember these guys know less than you do , they just use a crib sheet to score you..., learn the best way to reply and off you go. Pschometrically, aah well aircrew are considered devious, so it is a double barrelled game of double negatives, but the answers are all there! If your not aircrew already it may be easier in some respects. Much to the dissapointment of the psychologists!
Eye and hand co-ordination. Wifi is as good as any and if you have been practiscing from 12 yo then you will cope admirably. Good luck.

Fg Off Max Stout
29th Mar 2009, 14:31
This should just about cover it.:ok: (http://www.learn4good.com/games/kids/circus_clowns.htm)

fact_attack
29th Mar 2009, 14:40
I would like to invite airborne_artist to a party. He sounds like he'd be the life and soul of a party. I bet he has lots of friends. This is sarcasm.

Co-Captain
29th Mar 2009, 15:58
http://www.wagenschenke.ch/HomeRun.swf

:ok:

AllTrimDoubt
29th Mar 2009, 16:24
RTFS
(Where S = Sticky)

ricster
29th Mar 2009, 21:20
go fly a glider...

Pontius Navigator
29th Mar 2009, 21:45
I would like to invite airborne_artist to a party. He sounds like he'd be the life and soul of a party. I bet he has lots of friends. This is sarcasm.

I would rather be with A_A.

The DISCUSS! signature is very odd. Makes one suspect that dinna ken ins a pro and got a few good bites.

there are civil aviation games, which feature some the apititude tests for RAF Cranwell A bit of an off phrase. Why should CA ganes feature Cranwell tests? They would more properly feature CA tests.

It could mean that there are CA games that feature tests similar to thise at Cranwell.

Looking at your few posts thus far you are clearly not as new as your post count suggests. You are however sufficiently close to A_A to buy him a drink.

parabellum
30th Mar 2009, 00:39
I thought the idea was not to practice so that when you turn up for the tests they can assess your genuine potential? Maybe I'm old fashioned!
Can't see the point in rehearsing the various written and practical tests to ensure a pass if only to get to BFT and be chopped because the real potential to be a pilot wasn't there, just the ability to practice and pass ground based tests? As previously said, maybe I'm out of touch now.

ehwatezedoing
30th Mar 2009, 03:01
I thought the idea was not to practice so that when you turn up for the tests they can assess your genuine potential?

dinna ken,
I don't know about the RAF but back in 90 and in Canada a guy was proudly saying in our young group, hopping to be selected, that he had 1000hrs flight time already.

We all remembered him getting out of the basic sim box in tears :E
Doesn't help much having 1000hrs when one of the control is inverted :ok:

Pontius Navigator
30th Mar 2009, 06:10
parabellum, you are of course both correct and out of touch.

In the olden days we were dependent on newspapers and the wireless. If you never saw a recruiting office you would never knoow how to find one as you would not have known about them.

Best recruiting was going along to your local RAF station, down the road, at their annual BofB day. Mine was Hooton Park.

Now, with the world wide cobweb anyone can find out about anything and exam crammers are the way everyone goes. Of course crammers (private tutors) even existed in the old days.

I suppose what dinna is doing, if genuine, is that old P P P P p p.

Buster Hyman
30th Mar 2009, 07:48
Discuss? Why? We're not the ones with aptitude tests coming up! Perhaps an attitude test would be more appropriate!:hmm: