PDA

View Full Version : HMS Glasgow Lynx Crew (Falklands)

Mzee
27th Mar 2009, 11:15
Hi All
Looking for contact details of either crewmember of HMS Glasgow's Lynx Crew in the Falklands War.
PM me would be best - many tks.
Mzee

Bruiser Loose
6th Apr 2009, 11:58
Mzee,

Contact details as follows:

Flight Commander
The Wardroom
HMS GLASGOW
BFPO 287

But I think he may have moved on since.

:)

circle kay
6th Apr 2009, 15:58
Bruiser Loose,

If the Flight Commander is still in the Wardroom he is on his own. According to this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Glasgow_(D88)) she sailed for scrapping in Turkey on Jan 7th

Union Jack
6th Apr 2009, 18:33
Mzee

Jambo, Bwana!

You could try via the Commanding Officer 815 Naval Air Squadron RNAS Yeovilton Yeovil Somerset BA22 8HT, since 815 are the Headquarters Squadron for all embarked flights.

An interesting test of their records!:ok:

Jack

Boatman
7th Apr 2009, 03:22
All record books of past flights are held at the FAA Museum, not sure how to ask them but I am sure google will tell all.
As for 815 CO I am sure he will dispatch duty scrote to find out and I am also sure there is at least one Falklands vet still flying in the Lynx community.

spheroid
7th Apr 2009, 17:06
There are 2 still flying. There are about 30-40 vets still in the FAA... I think there is just 1 still flying in the in the Merlin fleet...maybe a couple...and there are just 2 still flying in the Lynx fleet.....which means they have been flying for about 27 years... not bad.

bargoedboy
27th Mar 2011, 16:21
I think Both Pilot and Observer have left forces a couple of years ago. Dick Ormshaw was pilot during Falklands firing two sea skuars.
Andy Lister would be about 60 now so would have long retired from Navy.
I was only 19 at time when i worked on the flight.:ok:

Two_Squirrels
28th Mar 2011, 11:00
Dick Ormshaw is now Chief Test Pilot at Eurocopter UK, in Kidlngton, Oxford.