PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Indian CPLs

aer-D
23rd Mar 2009, 17:20
Just wondering - will all these Indian students getting training and CPL from Philippines and where ever else, how and where are they getting employment ? Who in India is hiring CPL holders with 200 hrs without a FATPL ? For most known international carriers the Minimum SO requirements are considerably more in hours. Just wondering if there is something I dont know about Indian companies hiring fresh CPLs ? Any ideas anyone ?

Schumi - Red Baron
24th Mar 2009, 04:34
At the moment no one is hiring 200 hr. pilots.... And you cannot imagine the situation to change soon.... :hmm:

av8r76
24th Mar 2009, 04:52
I heard paramount and jagson were hiring zero time guys.
The flip side was the exorbitant TR cost.

Maybe these guys should start exploring the corporate/GA scene where opportunities pop up if you keep your eyes and ears open. But then again, knowing someone almost becomes a prerequisite to get a foot in the door.

It's tough out there but eventually things will turn around. In the meantime, upgrade your quals by attempting the ATP writtens in your idle time or better yet go get an instructor rating and teach for a while. You'll gain a wealth of experience and build precious hours in the process.

In these times unless you can tick off the stringent criteria mentioned in a previous post you have get ingenious and resourceful to get ahead of the crowd.

Good luck to all.

shuchim
24th Mar 2009, 04:52
situation is worst at moment and ya agent123 is right only those with high political sources r getting job even though they r having just 250hr of experience and new guys with even 1000hr cannot get placed if it is not having any source or cant pay any bribe but the list of six new airline can change some of situation but it is only in newspaper right now and i cant believe on newspapers because they only said 2000 more pilot needed till 2010 but there will be 9000 pilots unemployed till 2010.

Schumi - Red Baron
24th Mar 2009, 05:18
I heard paramount jagson were hiring zero time guys.
The flip side was the exorbitant TR cost.

Mate whatever happens but don't join jagson airlines... They haven't flown in last 8 months.... They will get you in a contract and then just play with you... Don't ruin your career with them.... I have heard of atleast 2 guys who just did it (for their intial job) and ruined their whole career....:(

Thanks A380

AiRBuS_380
24th Mar 2009, 14:31
see the word,

CAREER not carrier...

Schumi - Red Baron
25th Mar 2009, 07:15
Mumbai: Domestic carriers may lose at least 100 pilots to Qatar Airways, which is on an expansion binge despite the economic downturn.
Other West Asian carriers such as Oman Air (SAOC), Emirates Airlines, Etihad Airways and Air Arabia PJSC have also been aggressively hiring pilots in India, with average pay increases of as much as 30%, according to at least half a dozen pilots with domestic carriers who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Middle east is the place where the jobs are ,it seems so...:ok:

Indian carriers face pilot drain: West Asian rivals come hunting - Corporate News - livemint.com (http://www.livemint.com/2009/03/23214450/Indian-carriers-face-pilot-dra.html)