PDA

View Full Version : Night rating instructor please

igarratt
22nd Mar 2009, 08:46
To any / all night rating instructors

I requested a night rating via ravenair at Liverpool back in October, after a multitude of instructors that dont want to fly and badgering the school to death I've given up on them and asked for a refund !

I am planning on doing quite a bit of flying over the summer and dont want to have the extra hassle of making sure I'm back in time.

I have managed a 0:45 familiarization flight but need 2 or poss 3 more flights to do circuits and nav.

If any instructor is still doing night ratings or is willing to do them even after the clocks change then can you please get in touch.

I'm in Manchester and can travel anywhere any day, I'm ppl tt150+ imc on pa38's pa28's and a little time on Cessna's.

Cheers

I will update this post when I get sorted so if no update then still needed.

flygirl 001
22nd Mar 2009, 09:27
where do you live...PM me...

timzsta
22nd Mar 2009, 10:36
You had any joy? I can help.

igarratt
22nd Mar 2009, 13:14
the only possible i have is 4 hours away atm, anything closer would be of great interest

Smeagels Boyfriend
22nd Mar 2009, 13:37
I'm in the Northwest and can do it for you if you want. PM me

igarratt
22nd Mar 2009, 13:49
just to say to biggest problem is with the clocks changing next weekend, getting it done before then would be good but the weather gods may have other ideas ! so would need to finish off after the change.

woodcoc2000
22nd Mar 2009, 14:19
Hi there

yeah it will be a bit of a problem doing the night rating. am an ex ravenair instructor myself and the problem isnt so much that the instructors dont want to fly as you put it; but would rather not fly all day then into the night as well which i am sure you can understand.

saying that if you speak to some of the instructors themselves who actually teach the night rating you may find them willing.. I have moved along now and teach there still but only on saturdays so cant be of much help.

sparks-flying
22nd Mar 2009, 14:59
Give Flight Academy Blackpool a call, May be able to squeeze you in.

01253 341010

SF

igarratt
22nd Mar 2009, 16:22
thanks sparks, did give the guys at blackpool a call but seems they are just finishing off the ones they have. Did try sleap and sherburn too.:bored:

Tugnut
22nd Mar 2009, 18:28
Woodcoc2000. At the school I used to teach at if a student wanted to fly after dark the CFI would authorise for that particular instructor to start his/her day at say 11am instead of 9am. This way the FI involved would not have to extend there working day. However lots of instructors out there are hour building and will usually be only to happy to grab the odd hour here and there, especially night hours which are harder to get.

I do agree however that family life must come first! Good luck with your search igarratt!

Tug

Hudson Bay
22nd Mar 2009, 21:40
Give Merseyflight a call tomorrow they will do it for you. 0151 907 1450. They have the best instructors and Aircraft in Liverpool. Nothing is ever a problem for them. There website is Flying School Liverpool | Flight Lessons Merseyside - Merseyflight (http://www.merseyflight.co.uk)

coodem
23rd Mar 2009, 19:14
I'm based at Cranfield and would be happy to help. The only problem is finding an airfield that is open till at least 22:00, has lights and is not going to charge a fortune in landing/handling fees.

Here at Cranfield we close at 19:00 weekdays

Simon150
23rd Mar 2009, 19:36
I did mine with ALMAT at Coventry during BST. May be worth giving their office a ring, they have a lot of part time instructors who may want to do the job. I did a lesson at about 11:30 one night! If you could take a short 'holiday' in the lovely city of Coventy, could be worthwhile.

Tugnut
23rd Mar 2009, 19:52
How about take a holiday in the lovely Costa Del Southend! The airfield is 24hrs. There's bound to be an FTO who can help. And, you're only a short drive from the pier and lovely golden beaches! Nice.:ok:

Apologies to all you Essex boys and girls. No complaints with the place really. I love the train ride up the pier.:)

Tug

coodem
23rd Mar 2009, 20:07
I have some contacts at Coventry, and Im sure I could get hold of an aircraft there, If not I could ferry one up, but best try get one thats based there to try get the cheaper landing fees

OneIn60rule
23rd Mar 2009, 21:04
Try Leicester aeroclub.

1/60

igarratt
24th Mar 2009, 09:20
hey guys and gals

Many thanks for the info and leads very much appreciated.

I have spoken to mersayflight at Liverpool, they sound ultra helpful and positive about getting me flying soon and even the bst is not going to be an issue.
Made a very refreshing change after near every FTO I have spoke to since i started training being rather un customer friendly and a handful making it seem like your interrupting there valuable time lol

I will report back as if all goes well then it will be useful to give potential students a good viable alternative in the north west to those FTO's that really need to change their ways if they are going to survive the credit crunch and put the customer first !

Good to know Coventry is a viable back up, that has to be one of my favorite airfields, brilliant to see all the old tin hanging around.

Ian :ok:

coodem
24th Mar 2009, 20:54
If you are still stuck. I can help out. Had a few conversations and managed to sort something out.

Send me a PM, if need be

767200ER
1st Apr 2009, 21:53
Just did my Night rating at Seawing Fyling Club in southend. Ask for tim griffiths as your instructor. Did it in 5 hours exactly, excellent instructor, professional and friendly.