PDA

View Full Version : My Grades help !!!

PILOTDAN1992
21st Mar 2009, 17:30
Hi everyone,
I have 5 gcse's math, English, science, music, technology, grade c, i also have a first diploma in public services equivalent to 5 gcse's grade A, a aviation diploma equivalent to 3 gcse's grade A, and a national diploma in engineering equivalent to 3 A0levels grade A, Is this enough to be a pilot, well go to a training school such as OAA and achieve well. Also would this be ok for sponsorships??

Thanks alot guys i really appreciate it

Akrapovic
21st Mar 2009, 17:40
You don't need any qualifications to train to be a pilot, if it's sponsorship you're after, I'd get a degree . . . .

preduk
21st Mar 2009, 17:58
In one post you say you can't afford the training and then in this post you are trying to get into OAA, probably the most expensive school in Europe.

Make up your mind man! :}

PILOTDAN1992
21st Mar 2009, 18:13
nooo, i am going to work first lol.

Day_Dreamer
21st Mar 2009, 18:23
OAA is expensive but the APP course is very good.
So is their Modular Waypoint course.

Your Exam results are more than sufficient for self sponsorship, but you need a degree in any subject to stand a real chance for initial selection onto an Airline scheme.

I have commented on Pprune many times on the training Integrated/Modular argument, but in the current climate I might suggest the Waypoint scheme if money is tight, otherwise the APP course is the way to go. You should aim to finish either late 2011 or early 2012, when there should be signs of a positive upturn in the recruitment.

Just checked your age Get the "A" levels sorted then apply for selection, its valid for one year once you have passed.

Keygrip
21st Mar 2009, 18:45
Pilotdan - for **** sake - how many times are you going to ask the same question?

You've only been on three threads, posted 26 comments and this same message appears for at least the third time.

Question asked and answered. ENOUGH!