PDA

View Full Version : Who is Geelong/Surfcoast Airpark???

BULLDOG 248
21st Mar 2009, 08:28
Saw an add in the latest Aviation Trader for Flying-school/Charter Operators required for the new Geelong/Surfcoast Airpark.
Does anyone know where this is?????
Is it the Grovedale crew moving to their new plot of land????(ad did say the new Geelong Airport)
Or is it Leithbridge, Barwon Heads or Torquay?????

VH-XXX
21st Mar 2009, 09:09
I was thinking of making the exact same thread, but thought better of it when I realised that it would quickly become another Barwon Heads thread and there's enough of those on here already.

It must be either Barwon or TMW, tipping Barwon Heads.

BULLDOG 248
21st Mar 2009, 09:47
XXX you are probably right but the last I heard B.B. was staying on with her flying school/joyflights/charter at Barwon Heads. Seems strange that they would open up a 2nd operation in competition to hers???
Same goes for Grovedale, Leithbridge and Torquay.
Although Torquay have joyflight.....No flying school (I think?)
And Leithbridge have a flying school.....No joyflights or charter.

dflyer100
21st Mar 2009, 09:54
Its Barwon Heads looking for EOI. Hopefully the politics of this place is histrory and the new owners can make something of it. You'd be brave to venture into it if you don't know the personalities you are up against. Hope they make something of it, otherwise once Geelong/Grovedale closes where will we go when looking for a day at the beach.

VH-XXX
21st Mar 2009, 10:07
You'll have to go to Phillip Island if you want to go to the beach for the day. Park at the end of the runway and you're 50 metres from the water. Where else in Vic except maybe Apollo Bay can you do that easily!

muddergoose
21st Mar 2009, 10:09
Port Fairy:8

BULLDOG 248
22nd Mar 2009, 00:41
I suppose Torquay is close to. But remember to BYO SHOVEL!!!!.........Even though summer is over, there are still some SNAKES in the grass!!!:ouch:

UnderneathTheRadar
22nd Mar 2009, 04:59
Where else in Vic except maybe Apollo Bay can you do that easily!

Peterborough
Mallacoota

Regards,

UTR

BULLDOG 248
23rd Mar 2009, 09:13
Just got the goss (be it 2nd hand) that it is the Barwon Heads Group advertising for a new operator. However when I asked if they are going in opposition to B.B. I got the :ugh: ?????? Just hope she gets better looked after than all the whole court issues that lost her 4/5 of her land in the first place!!!

flog
22nd Apr 2009, 02:43
Anyone have a phone number for these boys and girls?

Jethro Gibbs
22nd Apr 2009, 11:12
thats a number you would be better off not calling

VH-XXX
23rd May 2009, 07:52
I had a closer look at this establishment today. To say I was impressed was an understatement in that the Skydivers are gone and the new owners syndicate have purchased nearby houses, HEAPS of acreage and are really keen to get things. If the council comes on-board to make it the "official" Geelong airport and the full 1,300 metres is used then things will quickly happen there. On the face of it with the airpark idea it looks like a financial goldmine.

r sole
26th May 2009, 14:54
goldmine?:bored:

Jethro Gibbs
31st May 2009, 09:47
Goldmine ! not unless they start digging and find gold.

VH-XXX
31st May 2009, 22:45
Time will tell my cyber friends!

Jethro Gibbs
13th Jun 2009, 09:31
acccording to a tiny article in todays geelong advertiser they ? are looking at more sky diving more hangars more everything including more $ for the pockets.
Source: Aviation Trader

EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST TO OPERATE A FLYING
SCHOOL / CHARTER OPERATION
GEELONG/SURFCOAST AIRPARK PTY LTD

GA/RA-AUS Flying School, established location, huge potential for
growth, close to Melb and ILS/GPS facilities. Grow with the new
Geelong Airport and Victoria’s second largest city. Unlimited hangar
space available. Future maintenance facility on airport planned.

Potential for huge tourist business - 12 Apostle Flights - Coastal, Bay
and City Scenics etc.
Pro Active Management :rolleyes:

Jethro Gibbs
20th Aug 2009, 02:43
para dropping at barwon heads local paper today locals don,t like the look of this again.

r sole
20th Aug 2009, 06:01
most land owners dont like stray people walking through their propertys and climbing over fences

Jethro Gibbs
20th Aug 2009, 09:17
how true the airport owners are chasing the cash.

VH-XXX
20th Aug 2009, 11:09
I don't know how they can miss the airport with a parachute, there's a couple of hundred acres there!

r sole
20th Aug 2009, 12:10
happened quite a bit may have had something to do with dropping thru fluffy stuff:=

j3pipercub
20th Aug 2009, 12:15
doubt that very much r sole, operators with cloud jumping approval don't normally have off landings.

r sole
20th Aug 2009, 12:21
maybe the last lot were inexperienced:bored:

rs480
9th Oct 2009, 22:35
Interesting

Miscellaneous Instrument CASA 441/09 - Revocation of direction - parachute operations in the vicinity of Barwon Heads aerodrome
On 1 October 2009, instrument CASA 441/09 (Revocation of direction – parachute operations in the vicinity of Barwon Heads aerodrome) was registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments and came into effect on 2 October 2009. This instrument revokes instrument CASA 130/05 which directed the pilot in command of an aircraft engaged in a parachute operation not to allow a person to exit the aircraft to conduct a parachute descent within 4.8 kilometres of Barwon Heads aerodrome, Victoria.
This and other Miscellaneous Instruments can be viewed on the CASA website:
Civil Aviation Safety Authority - Legislative instruments (http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_91055)

Jethro Gibbs
22nd Oct 2009, 00:49
page 12 geelong addy today the consortium don,t want to comment. :rolleyes:

thepoorinstructor
23rd Oct 2009, 00:42
Geelong Advertiser
Skydive ban lifted from Barwon Heads airport
Tony Prytz
October 22nd, 2009
THE Civil Aviation Safety Authority has lifted the ban on skydiving at Barwon Heads airport adding to neighbouring residents' fears of increased activity at the strip.
The authority's records show the Regulatory Implementation Group's general manager Gregory Vaughan revoked the order banning skydiving on September 30.
The document says that the new operator of the airport asked that the order be revoked.
The ban had been implemented when Skydive City conducted its business at the airstrip.
Residents concerned about the expansion plans at the airport will meet tonight at Connewarre.
Stacey's Rd resident Darren Gregory said he had arranged the meeting and had invited representatives of the airfield's owners to attend.
"I just think we need more information about what the plans are for the airport," he said.
"We know they want to expand and we would like to know more about that."
Airfield owners contacted by the Geelong Advertiser were reluctant to comment yesterday.
The airport is owned by a consortium of people, including Geelong businessman Eddie Edwards, who said he could not comment.
"I am not really the guy, I am just looking after purchasing," he said.
Another owner Brian Hawke said he could not comment but he confirmed the group was looking for someone to conduct skydiving.
He said he was mainly concerned with the flying school.
Many Connewarre residents oppose any return of skydiving at the airstrip.
"We don't want it," longtime resident Doug Ferguson said yesterday.
"We've had too much.
"We have had nothing but dramas. We've had a death.
"We don't want to go back to those days."
A 160-signature petition instigated by Mr Ferguson has been presented to State Parliament.

Jethro Gibbs
23rd Oct 2009, 09:45
Residents concerned about the expansion plans at the airport will meet tonight .
Well wonder if any of the owners who know nothing turned up at the meeting ?

rs480
31st Jan 2010, 22:47
They were not invited

Jethro Gibbs
12th Aug 2010, 01:46
What has actually happened would seem nothing all talk no action what a shock !:eek:

6DOD
13th Aug 2010, 12:28
jethro, dont't jump too quik to conclusions, all is simmering, believe you will see skydiving soon. understand contracts have been signed for a skydiving operation to start at the next fine weekend, jumping into farmland next to the airport like Mcwilliam did. Council has not approved and it is not an approved activity on farmland. believe the operator from Euroa is not affiliated with the apf but dollars are attractive to this operator and to hell with regulations.
as for the poorinstructor in 10/09 eddie edwards lays low with his own agenda and as for Hawke anything goes until the authorities take action.
seems an operation that was hell bent on stopping skydiving because the airport was too small and skydive operations are dangerous on a small airport now change their mind because they want the dollars and safety is no longer a concern.
lets wait for the next installment the locals are right with no skydiving and no expansion of activities.:ugh:

Lumps
13th Aug 2010, 20:05
that's right 6DOD, down with flying! What forum is this again?

r sole
22nd Aug 2010, 12:03
looks like that gold mine is ready to take off:O

Jethro Gibbs
23rd Aug 2010, 08:37
I have not seen any mine shaft dug there :uhoh:

VH-XXX
23rd Aug 2010, 12:42
Oh Mr Jethro, you are constantly beating the same dead horse. Do you stand to lose something if this place is successful or something like that?

Jethro Gibbs
24th Aug 2010, 02:01
I have nothing to lose you however seem very angry.

the fat lady
2nd Sep 2010, 00:33
6DOD

You’re a sad LITTLE man with a BIG AXE to grind

tfl

pol
2nd Sep 2010, 10:12
r sole

I hope you are right, I’ll be down there tomorrow with a pick & shovel.

Oh! and a wheelbarrow for the loot.;)

pol:ok:

Jethro Gibbs
9th Sep 2010, 12:35
Re I’ll be down there tomorrow with a pick & shovel.

While you are there with the tools how about some gravel in the driveways mow the grass get rid of the old wrecks and the tatty signs and have a good old clean up sure not spending any time or $ on the place.:ok:

theinsider
11th Sep 2010, 10:16
Yeah Jethro the whole place has gone full circle hey Dirt Darts are coming back to save the place financially LOL:D just a tad hypocritcal dont we all think after spending years in court and 100,s of thousands of dollars in legals to get rid of them in the first place .........And now even the fish shop at the airport has had enough and is bailing out to Queenscliff Harbour :ugh:

Jethro Gibbs
11th Sep 2010, 11:00
Fish shop going to Queenscliff Harbour there is no one shopping there its dead was there a while ago could have fired a machine gun and hit no one just like BH airport where the least they could do is mow the grass and clean up and improve the general appearance
but that would cost time effort and $ and we don,t want to spend $ do we $$$$$$$$$$$ no !

theinsider
11th Sep 2010, 12:19
Yeah suppose your right Jethro sad story though BRS hey i started my career so its been a sad story to follow as i have a long history at BRS and to see Barb loose the airport from all the BS of other peoples actions is absolutley discusting........ i think somebody hit the nail on the head earlier in the thread about fast eddie having a hidden agenda:E being financed by 19 other sheep ATM but i hear the sheep are bleeding and are getting wise to the toy mans game:D......Karma will bite the players hard IMO and with the fish shop bailing and the current operater :{ the joint is going to fast turn into a ghost town and then BRS will be a real mess just a $3,000,000 black hole for the 20 owners bring back BARB I say at least the place operated under her tenure:ok:

7DOD
12th Sep 2010, 10:20
The tax man cometh, so what ? all is good.

Jethro Gibbs
4th Nov 2010, 10:46
The parachute people are back the locals will love that.:eek:

pol
11th Nov 2010, 09:50
YIPPEE
I’ve got the wheelbarrow ready for the loot $$$$$$
pol:ok:::D:ok:

Jack Ranga
11th Nov 2010, 21:29
The insider, you make a few rash statements about people in your diatribe?

You could understand any of that? I'm still running it through a spell and grammar check.

r sole
18th Nov 2010, 12:19
at least now it looks like the meat bombs have the place to them selves not much activity at the gold mine:O

pol
21st Nov 2010, 08:46
Yahoo

Couldn’t be better, the skydivers are the miners providing the GOLD:p now I just sit back sucking G&Ts watching the $$$$ fill the wheelbarrow.:D

Jethro Gibbs
22nd Nov 2010, 10:16
can,t see that filling the barrow with cash.:{

VH-XXX
22nd Nov 2010, 10:29
There's no money in renting an airfield to skydivers, the money is in the real-estate in that place.

pol
23rd Nov 2010, 06:05
Oh dam!

Foiled again, guess I should have come to you guys for advice prior to buying the barrow.:uhoh:

r sole
7th Feb 2011, 10:49
having driven past most days dont think you would need much air in the old barrow tyre:O

Jethro Gibbs
8th Feb 2011, 00:29
The takeaway coffee van has really lifted the appearance of the airport.:eek:

7DOD
28th Mar 2011, 09:21
I understand it’s now a user pay establishment no freeloaders:ooh:

r sole
29th Mar 2011, 13:40
wonder how that wheelbarrows going pol :D

Jethro Gibbs
30th Mar 2011, 05:58
user pay ! oh they will pay and pay and pay.

the fat lady
15th Apr 2011, 10:07
jethro

Well that counts you VH-XXX, r sole and the other freeloaders out.

tfl:E

pol
17th Apr 2011, 09:27
r sole

The wheelbarrow is going well thanks for asking

Jethro Gibbs
17th Apr 2011, 10:50
Still not spending anything on the place its just untidy looking and the orange caravan is not helping.

r sole
17th Apr 2011, 12:03
yes it would appear the orange vans doin more than the barrow:sad:

VH-XXX
17th Apr 2011, 13:02
Do the four of you whom have made the last four posts know each other??? It's a small world down there, I wonder if you all know who each other is.

porch monkey
17th Apr 2011, 23:45
Hahaha. Know each other? Same IP addy most likely!

the fat lady
24th Apr 2011, 01:46
If you guys are so concerned about the place there’s an easy fix, buy a share and have your say in the operation.:ooh:

Ha Ha Ha that would sort the sheep out from the goats, or should that be, the mouths from the wallets.:\

tfl:ok:

Jethro Gibbs
24th Apr 2011, 08:34
If you guys are so concerned about the place there’s an easy fix, buy a share and have your say in the operation.

That Interesting do some now want to sell there share ?

pol
24th Apr 2011, 09:47
Jethro Gibbs

Not that I am aware of, but I believe new shares will be on the market after 30th June.

No different to any other business venture has to be self funding.

VH-XXX
25th Apr 2011, 00:06
Does "self funding" normally equal additional shareholders? Is the plan to sell dozens of shares worth bugger-all in the end? You may
As well publically list it on the stock exchange.

pol
25th Apr 2011, 01:16
VH-XXX

I suggest you talk to the owners and obtain a prospectus then you will know.

rnuts
25th Apr 2011, 08:34
I had the time of my life dropping meat bombs on weekends at barwon heads. I got to meet a lot of interesting people, built some good hours on different machines. Hope some others get to have some of the same experiences I did.:D

Jethro Gibbs
29th Apr 2011, 06:43
I suggest you talk to the owners and obtain a prospectus
Will do have not read a good fairy story for an age.:ok:

the fat lady
30th Apr 2011, 02:15
Jethro Gibbs

I don’t think they’d waste their time on you or any tyre kickers with empty wallets, so you may as well stay home in the land of the fairies:\

tfl

Jethro Gibbs
30th Apr 2011, 06:58
If your selling something you should never assume that a customer has no money to buy it could be a very costly mistake.:ok:

the fat lady
30th Apr 2011, 10:37
Hey Jethro

Talk is cheap, I guess if and when you approach the owners and are asked to provide proof you have the $$$ it could prove to be a little embarrassing.:uhoh:

I tend to think it is the green eyed dragon of envy in you’re case.:E

tfl:ok: