PDA

View Full Version : Willow Air Southend - opinions

windowseatplease
20th Mar 2009, 18:11
Has anyone had any experience of this outfit? Looking to hire a 300 in the East Anglia region.

Pigeon-dodger
24th Mar 2009, 15:50
The aircraft is brand new (less than 150 hrs TT) and operated by Iris Aviation for use by Willow Air. It’s well equipped with GNS430, VOR and night capable with three landing lights. They are a new operation and the rates are very good (probably best in UK) solo is £222 and dual £245 inc VAT and fuel. I would think the rates may go up a little as the school establishes it’s self. There is an examiner on the airfield who is VERY experienced and a pretty much full time instructor who is working at a discounted rate to get things moving.

If you need anymore details PM me and I will let you know. I can not comment any further as obviously I am connected with the aircraft…:)

heliboy999
24th Mar 2009, 21:34
Get in touch with TONGE. He has been flying with them and in the aircraft.

ppheli
25th Mar 2009, 05:42
East Anglia region would also include Norwich, where Sterling Helicopters have a 300 reg G-CDOJ which may be available? The Iris/Willow one equates to G-ECBI should anyone be interested..

tonge
25th Mar 2009, 08:56
I was trying to keep this place a secret!!:ok: Southend is a good place to fly from (RT practice) The aircraft is immaculate and very nice to fly and the instruction is great and laid back!!
Any questions just PM me,
tonge

matthewc2009
26th Mar 2009, 23:07
Whats the e-mail ad or tel of this Willow in South End.Might give it a try and start my heli flying.:)

Whirlygig
26th Mar 2009, 23:14
It's easy enough to Google :ok:

Cheers

Whirls