PDA

View Full Version : SkyLeisure Shoreham

Privatairdreaming
20th Mar 2009, 11:21
Hi everyone I have searched the database on pprune for this school regarding professional training but havent really found anything.

I was just wondering if anyone had any info regarding them, from what I understand they are a fairly small FTO. I would be looking at doing the CPL and ME IR with them.

If anyone has any info regarding SkyLeisure please let me know whether it is good or bad.

Best Regards.

Cirrus_Clouds
20th Mar 2009, 12:01
Done my JAR PPL, Night, IMC ratings with them.

Instruction seems to be top-notch, can't comment on CPL/ME/IR, I have yet to progress onto that, but they are possibly one of my options, but I do prefer to do my training at an International airport, blending in with Commercial traffic maybe..

All positive feedback from me, go and meet them personally and checkout a/c to see if they provide you with what you want.

Sciolistes
20th Mar 2009, 12:58
SkyLesuire is part of Redair, as is Blackbushe Aviation. They are all similarly run so search for those too. I did all my training with them between 2002 and 2006. A very positive experience and very good value for money :ok:

Mr Grimsdale
20th Mar 2009, 14:17
I've heard good things about them too and am considering popping along for a chat about a CPL and IR too. Good to hear more positive reports.

Privatairdreaming
18th Jun 2009, 13:10
I have recently been at Skyleisure in Shoreham for my CPL and I would just like to thank all of them for all their help. I achieved a first time pass with only 15 hours of training on the piper seneca . Yes I do already hold a JAA ME/IR which lead to a 15hr CPL.
Stuart and Martyn (CFI) was extremley helpful as instructor and general handyman, ensuring the aircraft was kept in service as much as possible. With the new carpet in the seneca the aircraft is now a very nice place to be during the flight training.
Everyone else in the school was always available for a chat or advice.
The school feels like a little community with everyone supporting everyone else. Unlike the pilot factories where staff hardly know any of the students.

Overall I have found them to be the best FTO I have attended and would STRONGLY recommend them to anyone who is looking at going pro or just looking for the PPL.

The training took 4 weeks. 1 week training 1 week terrible weather and 2 weeks waiting for an examiner.