PDA

View Full Version : PPL Theory Syllabus Revision

jamierwilliams
19th Mar 2009, 19:33
Hey,

I intend to study for and take the theory exams over the summer. I did intend to do this years ago and I purchased the OAT PPL training software. I was wondering if the syllabus of the exams is likely to have changed significantly enough from 2005/2006 to warrant purchasing new theory books/software? I was thinking that it may be a good idea to get the latest Thom book for Air Law, but other than that I should be ok, especially with an up-to-date confuser/Airquiz.

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

CaptainTC
19th Mar 2009, 21:27
I would agree on purchasing the Trevor Thomm Books, i have them and find them exellent. I dont think there is anything wrong with software, but its nice to be able to hold a Book and read it.:ok:

madgav
20th Mar 2009, 16:09
Book every time for me :ok: as I hate reading stuff off a computer screen :*

Have things changed significantly since 2005/6? Well my Thom books are 2003 issue and there are some differences now - a few spring to mind:
Air law: low flying rules, airspace allocation
Met: new style charts
Comms: ATSOCAS changes.

I'm sure there are more. So long as you are aware of what's changed, the 2005/6 material should be ok.
Oh, and use the confuser:ok::ok:

Greg2041
20th Mar 2009, 18:24
I would suggest you just use your OAT software and get the new PPL Confuser Edition 9. That will see you through your exams and the other stuff you will learn from your instructor.

Now I'd better carry on studying!

Greg