PDA

View Full Version : Very odd excel problem

Parapunter
19th Mar 2009, 19:03
I'm using Office 2003 version of excel. I have a large spreadsheet that is used as a job recording document. It has about 18 columns & the no. of rows grows by the day as jobs are recorded.

I have used this document since 2003, every year, I just remove all the rows, rename it 200x and carry on. No problem.

This week, it has started duplicating rows. I have no idea why. There are no macros or vb on it, just a few simple formulae to add up, subcontract and calculate percentages.

I haven't made any changes to it as a spreadsheet & yet each morning when I fire it up, I find the last few jobs entered are duplicated.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

davidjohnson6
19th Mar 2009, 19:11
Not exactly sure as to what you mean by 'duplicating rows', but Excel is known over time to corrupt its own files if they are used frequently enough.

Could I suggest copying all the values, formulae and formatting to a new workbook (have 2 separate Excel sessions open on your PC) and saving the new file ? You might also find that the new workbook can be saved to disk with a smaller file size