PDA

View Full Version : Switching Companies -FATA

hotheli
19th Mar 2009, 12:45
Can anyone shed some light on changing companies when flying in India on a FATA? Some have said it can just be transferred along with security clearance, whereas others say it requires a new FATA and security clearance...has anyone here switched over recently?

Sky Dancer
20th Mar 2009, 07:51
are you an Indian national or an expat ?

Canuck15
20th Mar 2009, 09:36
lets have it for both ..indian national and expat...some one shed some light ..

happy landings

dss3000
20th Mar 2009, 10:05
I went through that process recently 6mths ago.

The FATA and security clearance is only valid for one employer. You will need to start the whole process again, also recently when you leave the country for your rotation you will also need a new security clearance 6-8 weeks if everything goes good.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Sky Dancer
21st Mar 2009, 03:33
well i guess that answers your question the only difference being that the notice period to your employer will differ.:ok:

Pitchpull
21st Mar 2009, 05:14
Your FATA can be transfered within 1 day from DGCA, your security clearance also can be transfered but will take 2-4 weeks. Provided you have an NOC from first employer, or 6 months notice period. Then you need to change your employment visa which cannot be done within India, you must go back to your original home country & apply for a fresh employment visa which will be processed within a few days provided the FATA & security clearance is valid & in the new company name. Note; you must have an aviation related reason in writing prior to exit from India & go back home (ie: check ride, re-currency, medical etc) or your security clearance will be cancelled & 3-6 months required for a fresh new one. This is the standard process, however there may be some other techniques available in Incredible India. PM me for further detials.... http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/wink2.gif

hotheli
21st Mar 2009, 08:07
Thanks for the info, seems things can vary, but will see how things go. And yes, I'm an expat. Love Incredible India, even if some things truly are Incredible :cool: