PDA

View Full Version : BCFT Jetline Course

Shiny_Pants
19th Mar 2009, 09:03
After a lot of consideration i'm considering completing my PPL with Bournemouth Commercial Flight Training with the intention of eventually moving on to my CPL/IR. Can anyone confirm whether or not it is possible to enrol on the Jetline Course on a 'pay as you fly' basis or if this programme has to be paid for in modules upfront. My reasons for asking this are due to the fact that i would like to have the continuity of training with one organisation but can only do so on a part time basis.

camel toe
19th Mar 2009, 20:26
The "continuity of training" is only really relevant for CPL and IR. You can do your PPL and ATPL exams at completely different locations.

Have you visited BCFT? They were fine for ATPL ground school, but I thought their flying side of things was a bit average.

So make sure you are 100% happy with where you do your CPL as ideally you want to stick with it for IR training too, hard to do if once you've started you find them to be not to your liking.

And my final bit of advice, is not to take everything here as gospel, including of course my comments as they are only my opinion, it is vital that you go and visit as many potentials as possible with an open mind. There is nothing more satisfying than enrolling onto a course knowing you have done your research.

Good luck!

and remember you are the customer, its your money, and as purse strings tighten everywhere flying schools will be even more keen to seal the deal and get hold of your hard earned cash.

ewsd02
20th Mar 2009, 11:04
BCFT is a good school, Dave Waters is an excellent instructor for the PPL, ask for him.