PDA

View Full Version : Any where to do C206 turbo rating in NZ?

bumpffslam
19th Mar 2009, 08:35
Simple question!

Alternatively, if I did a C206 (non turbo) rating, is much involved in doing "differences training". ie does this need a qualified instructor and involve flight time.

Water Wings
19th Mar 2009, 08:45
One and the same rating. The owner/operator might choose to check you out in it however but that would be up to them.

ZK-NSN
19th Mar 2009, 22:49
Not too many if any Aeroclubs have them. WLG aeroclub might. There is an operator in Chch that has one also Taupo. Start saving your $$ because they are bloody expensive ($400/hr+ if your lucky)
Wouldnt think there would be too many turbo 206's about either maybe the floaters? Most operators have their own specific enginge handling methods depending on what type and make of engine is fitted so doing it in a non-turbo isnt a big deal. Really sweet aeroplane to fly, my favourite by far.

waren9
19th Mar 2009, 23:37
Have a look here:

CAA Aircraft Model Statistics (http://www.caa.govt.nz/Script/Air_Mod.asp)

Scroll down the list, click on the model youre interested in and hey presto...

timetime
20th Mar 2009, 09:18
Not much difference i have flowen both, small differences with engine handling but type rating covers both:ok: Have a hunt round as can be very big differences in price :hmm:Try wellington aero club the CFI will point in the right direction.

bumpffslam
20th Mar 2009, 10:28
Thanks alot

bumpffslam
2nd Apr 2009, 08:56
Just done the C206 rating at Taupo Air Services, Taupo, Central North Island. Decent aircraft (with Robertson STOL mod) excellent instructor (Chris), reasonable price and lovely place to fly. Get on down there!

Note: This is not the float plane that operates on the lake

Lineboy4life
2nd Apr 2009, 09:54
aaarrr - Blithie & me home town...

I miss em both:ok:

p.s - wount somebody pay me a hundred thousand to fly out of Taupo, just p.m me the details ya mugs!!!:}