PDA

View Full Version : 757/767 training

Bmk767
18th Mar 2009, 17:54
Hello,

Im new here,wanted to query if anyone could help me to know where i can find cheapest base training and line training for 757/767.
Yeah...im a low hour(500TT) and and finished by simulator but still dont have base training...

Any help would be appreciated.

adverse-bump
18th Mar 2009, 20:58
get your skills test papers from your sim check, and use them to right out you application to mcdonalds!

BSmuppet
19th Mar 2009, 13:19
come on! can't be that bad out there

Bmk767
19th Mar 2009, 17:08
adverse-bump

if you cant help,avoid your silly comments..!!
Just asking guidance..

dwshimoda
19th Mar 2009, 17:50
come on! can't be that bad out there

It is. And it's getting worse.

There are so many out of work 75/76 pilots thanks to the demise of XL, EOS, Silverjet, Zoom, and the reduction of 75 airframes from other fleets.

And there's barely any other jobs out there for which there aren't many very well qualified and experienced pilots already applying.

If you think otherwise, you're mad.

Mercenary Pilot
19th Mar 2009, 18:08
Doing a 757 TR without the base check organised as part of the training has got to be the craziest thing i've seen on here for a long time, and on PPRuNe that's really saying something.

And just so you know, you have 6 months from the date of your LST to do the 6 landings and actually make the application for the rating to go in your licence.

IT2Pilot
20th Mar 2009, 15:57
Good luck trying to find a B757 job! I know a few guys out there who were on my B757 TR course, who 18 months later do not have jobs following the Silverjet and Zoom collapse. Most of them are looking at jobs abroad in Portugal or Italy...and further.

You should have signed upto a course with Base Training and Line Training sectors included. Without experience, you're :mad:

You could try contacting Astraeus in LGW. They do base training for new TR guys, but you will probably have to pay a few thousand more for sim assessments to make sure you can fly, and fly to their SOPs.

When you do get your rating, you can always apply to other type operators. Having a TR on your licence may get you through the door somewhere.

Norrington
20th Mar 2009, 23:08
I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the TRTO responsible to provide the base check for you?

But the best thing is probably just to forget it and stop wasting your money! Maybe you can renew the TR later when the market goes up again, but now with only 500TT...? :ugh:

dwshimoda
21st Mar 2009, 10:14
I'm not 100% sure, but isn't the TRTO responsible to provide the base check for you?

No - unless that is the deal you agreed with them. Many TRTO's will get you through to your Line Skills Test, after that it's up to you or your employer to sort out the base training. And as MP points out, you only have 6 months from LST to complete the base training.

Aside from the current situation, just doing a TR without base training organised is crazy.

IT2Pilot - just having a TR on this type doesn't mean anything at the moment without vast experience - there are NO jobs out there on this type in the UK - I know quite a few decent, experienced chaps who cannot secure anything - not even a summer contract.

Peter Fanelli
21st Mar 2009, 11:11
and use them to right out you application to mcdonalds!

And might I suggest the same course of action for yourself.

IT2Pilot
22nd Mar 2009, 00:28
Hey I'm just trying to help the person find someone who may allow him/her to do base training. I know that the 757 is probably one of the toughest fleets to be searching for employment on...I have a few friends from my 757 TR looking for jobs, as well as experienced friends on type looking.

I'd agree that it is total madness to do a TR without base training. Surely you must have read this on signing for the course.

BmK767, Who was the training provider? It may save other people from going through the same experience!

Bmk767
9th Apr 2009, 10:16
I did it in Alteon....and now desperate to find a TRI(A) for my base training. for 757/767..if anyone knows someone JAA approved,would be appreciated.

rollup76
23rd Jun 2011, 11:24
It happened to me the same thing: 4 italian pilots, we did TR at baltic aviation academy on 757 and after finished the ground, we have been waiting for 4 months for the base check.

They said they suddenly interrupted the contract with the provider. But they weren't able to find another. Now the situation is that we are desperately looking for a provider by ourselves, because within july our TR will expire. And for sure we will take a big legal action against the school.