PDA

View Full Version : Another way to make money

slfpax
18th Mar 2009, 07:59
I am not sure how recently this was introduced, but as regular passenger on Singapore Airline I recently discovered that they now charge an extra £35 GBP eachway on the LHR-SIN route for an emergency exit or bulkhead row in ecconomy as these offer additional leg space. I anyone aware of other airlines doing similar?

deltayankee
18th Mar 2009, 08:07
KL has started doing it too. I think that it could become a standard, in economy at least.

The Locos have always done things like that. Your Paris to Bora Bora for $3 actually works out expensive once you add the taxes, charges and extras (legroom, window, front of A/C tax, far from nutters...)

slfpax
18th Mar 2009, 08:45
What will they think of next (putting aside Ryanair's latest (ad)ventures). I recall flying Moscow to Karkhov on an TU137 with newspaper carpets and standing passengers no discount either for them ... but they did keep the chickens and other various animals under some control! And Oh by the way as a foreigner I got VIP early boarding ... great it was minus 30C doors open no heating and an hour to wait! Any other memories of the (then) worlds largest airline Aeorflot.:)

Avman
18th Mar 2009, 09:07
Make that a Tu-134. In the past it would be pure luck if you got decent seats in economy. The only way was to be 1st at check-in, but then you could find that these seats had already been blocked by check-in staff, or ops, for friends. There was no advance seating selection in economy class. I think that £35 for a decent economy seat with leg room on a long haul flight is a fair price. Of course, you need to book early!