PDA

View Full Version : hour building in australia.

high flyer 13
18th Mar 2009, 03:29
Hello fellow ppruners, just a quick question about hourbuilding in australia on a j.a.a private pilots licence, can it be done and if so what steps do i have to take... i have some friends in perth and could save some cash on accomodation !!:)

Mark1234
18th Mar 2009, 04:26
Try posting in the D&G general aviation forum - but first have a dig into www.casa.gov.au; In short, the first thing you need is to get a validation/acceptance of your license here. It is accepted, but you need to clear various admin hurdles (not sure of the details).

vetflyer
18th Mar 2009, 05:54
Yes hired a few years back

Try contacting Minovation at Jandakot

They have warriors for hire

Also you need to visit the local CASA office to have documents checked

When are you going ?

high flyer 13
18th Mar 2009, 13:54
Thanks mark 1234 and vetflyer for help, il be going in october id say im at atpl g.s at moment just planing ahead ......!! i backpacked around oz in 2006 taught be nicer to build hours there than states maybe......il look into it.. thanks again..:ok:

vetflyer
18th Mar 2009, 17:21
No worries as they say

Weather should be good

Give yourself a couple of months prior to going to sort out paperwork and pre book a/c

sprocket check
19th Mar 2009, 09:51
all the info you need is on the casa website here:

Flight crew exams and licences - Converting foreign licences (http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/overbr.htm#special).

You will be issued a special licence valid for three months i think, make sure you contact casa AT LEAST 6 MONTHS in advance. They are notoriously slow.

sc

ps write down everybody's name you speak to at casa. Essential note taking.

ReverseFlight
23rd Mar 2009, 00:00
Can't agree more about taking down names of CASA staff when you speak to them.

I've had the misfortune of 2 individual CASA staff verbally confirming matters over the phone to me which turned out to be totally wrong - a 3rd member of staff subsequently put it right by emailing me a copy of the correct regulation.

The moral of the story is : try and get it in writing if you can.