PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook Cabin Baggage Allowance

scudpilot
17th Mar 2009, 22:38
Hi All,

Just got my tickets as I am flying to Montego Bay on Saturday on TOM291, and in the process of final packing, cannot beleive the hand luggage allowance, I have an adidias sports bag that has travelled all over the world with me, and now I cannot even use my laptop bag as it is too big (even though it is about half the size of sports bag!)
Are Thomson particulary stingy, or are all airlines now like this? Cannot see the benefit with reducing the allowance so much? Any thoughts?:\

caaardiff
18th Mar 2009, 00:15
If you have booked with Thomas Cook, but are travelling with Thomson, then its Thomson's rules that apply.
So you get 10kgs allowance (thus reducing your hold allowance by 5kgs). As far as dimensions go, if its a sports bag that can be compacted (Isn't stuffed full) then you shouldnt have a problem.
If you have a laptop, put it in the sports bag.

Thomas cook are strictly 5kgs and don't allow you to combine your hold and hand luggage allowance like Thomson do. All airlines have different policies.

ils44
26th Mar 2009, 15:21
Does anyone know if Thomas cook are strict with the size of the bag if you keep below the 5kg.

My bag is 45 x 33 x 17 where they list the maximum size as 43 x 28 x 23!

So slightly higher and wider but not as deep as the allowance.

GroundedSLF
26th Mar 2009, 17:08
ils44 - you should be fine, the dimensions are added together to provde a total (94 in your case as opposed to the 95 in the "allowed" example)