PDA

View Full Version : CPL Coaching/hours-building with Tayside Aviation

Captain Smithy
16th Mar 2009, 19:30
Hello all, thought I'd ask for some opinions here.

Almost at the end of my PPL course now, and looking at options for hour-building. Unfortunately full-time employment rules out any trips abroad, so looking to do it all here over the next 18 months or so while I do ATPL distance-learning.

Have heard some very good reports about Tayside Aviation, was looking at their website and noticed that they do CPL coaching/hours building from £90/hour; conditions apply, obviously. Has anyone done this with Tayside? If so was it worth it?

I think I'll send them an e-mail to enquire, however I'd like to hear opinions from anyone who's done this with Tayside as well. Just doing a bit of research first.

P.S. Was looking at Bristol for ATPL distance-learning, one of my instructors recommended it... anyone else think this is a good idea?

Any comments welcome.

Regards

Smithy

RudeNot2
16th Mar 2009, 19:42
Check your PM's

ATIS31
16th Mar 2009, 20:04
Hi
I too was looking at doing some hour building at tayside if anyone has any info or used them to do hour building.:ok:

Captain Smithy
16th Mar 2009, 20:22
Thanks RudeNot2... have PM'd you back ;)

Smithy

Rugbyears
17th Mar 2009, 14:18
This is always a good approach if you intend completing the CPL with them - Try to think more 'Experience building' inplace of hour building!:)

Blinkz
17th Mar 2009, 15:27
Hey Smithy,
Glad to see things at EFC are going well! The other option is to get a share in an a/c, it may well turn out to be cheaper! Great experience as well. It sounds like you have it covered but don't just beat around Fife in NU! Make sure that you expand your experiences. Fly down to London, the Isle of Wight, France etc.

I really should pop back into EFC at somepoint, it would be good to catch up with everyone again!

Captain Smithy
17th Mar 2009, 18:28
Cheers Rugbyears.

Hello again Blinkz, how are you doing? I had a look in getting a share in an aircraft but I'm not sure how things would work out financially if something got pranged or the engine went bang, which put me off somewhat, because I'd need to find a sizeable amount of dough from somewhere(!), but I'm still considering it as another option.

Want to do a few trips around e.g. to the Western Isles and further Up North but will wait and see if the weather is kind enough for that. :)

Smithy

Walk Into The Sky
17th Mar 2009, 20:54
I was also looking into doing hour building with Tayside.

If anyone was able to PM me any info in regards to the terms and conditions involved, it would be greatly appreciated.
:ok: