PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Home Arusha

Vialengai
16th Mar 2009, 07:45
Can anyone out there please tell me where I can download a copy of the Arusha Pilot Music Video...Sweet Home Arusha...it seems it is no longer on You Tube....perhaps Flyhardmo has his own private copy!!

Shiner Pilot
16th Mar 2009, 13:27
Arusha, the only place to be...

flyhardmo
16th Mar 2009, 14:38
Apparently the video was removed due to copyright which I'm not sure if it was due to the title or the song but yeah sorry about that. I do have an original but so should a whole bunch of other people in Arusha ie: the regional pilots, some northern air pilots and I think the boss or Air excel.
If your still having trouble getting a copy, let me know.

Contains Nuts
17th Mar 2009, 23:42
Come on Mo, you've been out of Africa for over a year now. Time to stop looking at the Africa chat on Pprune and move on. As should I....

I noticed a few weeks ago sweet home arusha was off, and my sudan one is still there but the music has been muted. HOW RUDE!

Hope the new jobs going well for you, all's sweet here. Keep it sleezy,

Matt

Csanad007
17th Mar 2009, 23:44
hey guys I wanna see that movie!
share again or somethin' please

Contains Nuts
19th Mar 2009, 04:40
Here it is at vimeo. Tried putting it back on youtube but it was immediately banned :ugh:

Sweet Home Arusha on Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/3757010)

flyhardmo
19th Mar 2009, 08:24
Well done matt. its obvious that Lynyrd Skynyrd didn't like our flying and whinged about it to youtube. Lets see how long this one will last.
Yes I should be getting over Africa but these threads are way more interesting than the threads that apply to me. :ok:

Csanad007
19th Mar 2009, 09:31
This is magnific. I wanna go, give me a seat. Let me be there. God I hate to sit in the office in this European winter...

Thank you Matt!!!

Jockey Straddler
28th Oct 2009, 06:39
Excellent Video.... Nicely done..:ok:

Used to live in Arusha in early 90's ....

Only old boy I recognize is Gwin Morson.. Hopefully still around and still loves his food....!

And of course Mighty Mike.....

merlinxx
28th Oct 2009, 06:55
Tis 40 years now since I was a regular in Arusha from Nabobo getting our charter permts, my brain still hankers for a case or more of Whitecap:E. Great vid folks:ok:

helldog
28th Oct 2009, 16:41
The Dog may be back for a stint at the end of the year for a few months. I was with the one and only flyhardmo a couple of weeks ago and I have his blessing:ok:

petesevenseven
30th Oct 2009, 05:49
HellpuppyDog I envy you buddy!!!!!! Have lots and lots of ice cold Killi's for me!!!

I think i might have to pay you a visit at the good old masai camp:ok:

See you soon on home turf china:ok:

Pete

Jockey Straddler
30th Oct 2009, 06:22
The brightest side of it......

Seeing Mighty M SMILING, DANCING( at least shaking his head ), AND SINGING.....!!!! Makes the world better place to be.:ok:

The only vision I had was of Sparks flying from his Mouth....

Soap Box Cowboy
30th Oct 2009, 17:25
Hopefully once I'm on the 72 I'll be doing nightstops in Arusha, give me a chance to catch up with everyone there instead of sitting in KIA.

flyhardmo
1st Nov 2009, 04:27
My blessings indeed helldog. Heard the news from Greek CNN about your situation. Maybe I should come by for a reunion and you can shout me a BBQ at your Arusha Pad instead of your Uk one. Soapbox, where the F#çk have you been hiding.

Jockey said The only vision I had was of Sparks flying from his Mouth....

He mellowed out quite a bit during my time there. We've all had our firey confrontations but we've had quite a few laughs at the Greek club as well. He was all in for making the video.
During the making of the video alot of the older boys didn't want to be in it but Gwin definately wanted in. He was all enthusiasm and a good sport.

Good luck helldog :ok:

CJ750
2nd Nov 2009, 14:51
Hey guys and gals that looked like fun. Great video . Reminds me of my days in South West Africa. We did not have internet in those days but sure had fun.

Fly Safe .:D:D:D:D:D

jetpet
3rd Nov 2009, 06:04
good stuff, had lots of fun in arusha back in the day...!!

Jockey Straddler
3rd Nov 2009, 09:41
flyhardmo, believe me, nobody is perfect.

Problem with our friend, is taking life too serious... bad for the health.

I dont...

Say, flyhardmo, if you are planning to make another video, is there any chance of making mighty M to flash some a$$ like the other 3 fellas?:}

that will sure make my day...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nightfire
3rd Nov 2009, 11:47
How embarrassingly ridiculous is that! :yuk:
Are those clowns really pilots, or is this just some kind of primary school playground? If I were the manager, I'd throw out every single one of those guys who show their butts and their middle-finger into the camera.
It also beats me what's so funny about changing "5H-CAM" into CUM. Unless, of course, you're still in puberty.

Jockey Straddler
3rd Nov 2009, 12:03
Nightfire.. dont take life too serious... bad for your health.

Anyway, I reckon you have never come across people like Capt. Mighty M.

Besides , African General Aviation can get very stressful sometimes.. I have tasted it. If you havent, please go and try it . I promise you you will understand. Gets even worse if you have to deal with the likes of Capt M.

Let the Guys loosen up a bit...

gerpols
3rd Nov 2009, 12:57
Germans in general have no sense of humour...!!

Take care guys.

Gary

kotakota
3rd Nov 2009, 16:26
Centre of the Universe for fun , laughter and sense of humour.
Get a bloody life.........
this video was the best thing I have seen in years , young pilots and their people working hard , having fun , and doing a GREAT job.
Having a a sense of humour is quite important to most of us , it balances the bad days , tension , etc etc...
Nightfire , I am now 60 , still flying , still enjoying it , still making it fun for my trainees / copilots , flew out of Arusha in 69/70 , we are VERY lucky to earn a crust doing what we do . I sincerely HOPE you are not a Captain somewhere heaping yr brand of misery on some poor RHS ?

Nightfire
3rd Nov 2009, 16:58
Go on, give me some more racist comments, if it's the best you can do. Must be the sun of Arusha, your sweet home, or all those Tusker Lagers you need to keep yourselves going. :hmm:

There's a nice thread here on PPRUNE, called "you know you're in Africa" (I'm sure you guys know it) - read it, and enjoy yet another Tusker.
You professional guys really fit the place.

Mungu akubariki and your level of humour. But I certainly don't envy your "life" which you say I'm supposed to get. Good thing is, we'll probably never meet.

kotakota
3rd Nov 2009, 17:45
Racist ? Coming from the the Masters , that is a bit rich !
I think I met you a few years ago - no spare capacity , no relaxation , etc etc , drinking Tusker a crime .............
I suspect , and hope , that the crew you disparage so much will go much further in their aviation careers .
So , pray tell , what is the REAL reason for your angst ?
Or are you really a SLF ?

Jockey Straddler
4th Nov 2009, 04:55
Where does racism come from? What are you guys talking about?
FYI Racism does not exist in Arusha. In fact some of the fellahs dont even know what the word means.

Fun... ! Let the lads have some fun...!

Flyhardmo, I insist you have done a good job:ok: Well done and keep it up.
Please get Mighty m to flash some a$$, will you?

flyhardmo
4th Nov 2009, 07:53
Thanks Jockey. Unfortunately I'm no longer in Arusha or Africa for that matter but I always have great memories and I'm constantly in contact with alot of good mates that I met along the way, so sorry no more vids from me but maybe helldog can get a shot of mike flashing the tower when he goes for his short stint back to Arusha.

By the way the video was not only my creation. I had a part in the making as did alot of other guys and girls. Big thanks to Flying medical service for letting us use their camera and computer for editing. :D

Nightfire its too bad you didn't enjoy it but you can't please everybody. Don't bother watching it is all i've got to say and glad you were not a manager because you would have deprived Arusha of some of the greatest characters i've had the pleasure of working with. We pobably are a bunch of school children and our playground was Arusha airport. The ground staff had a great time as did the security people and everyone who participated.

dont take life too serious... bad for your health.
Best comment on here. :ok:

CJ750
4th Nov 2009, 08:01
Nightfire get a life. Or are you just perfect. Where exactly is the racism you talk about.

Maybe you had a brush with a NIGHTFIGHTER way back when and enjoyed it so much you chose to hide behind the name of NIGHTFIRE....:ouch:

Once again well done to the crowd in Arusha. You can only love this continent we all live on.

kotakota
4th Nov 2009, 12:22
Nightfire , I have deleted yr PM without reading it - enough drivel thankyou very much. It is obvious that I am not alone in wondering what the heck is yr problem . Your CRM result must make interesting reading.

CJ750
4th Nov 2009, 14:21
Fellow African Pilots i received this from dear Mr Nightfire in response to my last post on his reply. Am i missing something here.

Kotakota maybe i should have deleted his message like you did. Still don't understand where he gets the Racist comments from. Maybe some Arusha sun would do him a world of good.

regarding your comment on me
If you check the previous two comments above my last post, commenting about my German origin, as well as the one below calling me a former "Master" (and so assuming I am a former colonialist), then maybe you get what I mean with racist comment.

As for my name, it has always been "Nightfire", and has been for a long time as you can see from the date of joining.

You stupid dumbass.

Jockey Straddler
5th Nov 2009, 13:44
Nightfire has got a problem.. big problem. Complex? I am not sure.:ugh:

I tell you, in Arusha, whether you are black or white or blue or green. German, South African, Tanzanian, Kenyan, Indian, Arab, or even Nubi from Sudan , nobody notices or come to that, nobody cares.

I confess sometimes there is clash of personalities, like everywhere else, but these are shrugged off or sorted out in a good natured way. Very few people nurse grudges.

I can detect that nightfire is nursing a grudge.. against who? I dont know and I dont care.

By the way, CJ750, I have an excellent way of sorting out people with grudges.. I first investigate which loo they frequently use, check to see if they have fixed time-table then simply spray itching powder on the seat just before their usage time :}

helldog
5th Nov 2009, 21:12
Mo. You still got that footage of me doing a low pass at Sero to clear the strip of those pesky Topis? Must get that from you if you have it.

German dude. Just think about this. To be racist is to hate, and if you are going to label someone a racist after making an inocent comment you are putting them in the same basket as KKK and people like that. And thats pretty unfair. Chill out ait?

Bla Bla Bla
5th Nov 2009, 21:26
Night fire,

You really are a typical German aren't you, did you have a sense of humor bypass!