PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Wellesbourne Aviation Members

1d2d3d4d
15th Mar 2009, 21:19
Hi to all Wellesbourne Aviation members lurking on this forum.

Today I heard the news that Cabair, owners of WA, have decided to relocate two of the Robin HR200 Aircraft at the end of March. From April 1st the fleet will be reduced to the two Robins with no support for aircraft going tech. With such a busy flying school and flying club, members who wish to self hire a Robin will find it almost impossible and even students nearing the end of their training will find it difficult to get multiple slots for QXC GFT's.

There is a club night on Wednesday 18th of March to encourage members to "Buddy Up" and cost share on longer trips. I suggest we turn it into a protest meeting, though i doubt if any one from Cabair with have the b@lls to turn up and explain!

Chris

1d2d3d4d
16th Mar 2009, 19:52
Hi to any WA members lurking here.

No more news on the disappearing Robins. However having done a bit of research anyone interested in a Group based on a Robin HR200?

I have made a couple of enquiries and a share in a Robin may be more affordable than I thought it would be. I have some some details and will bring them to the meeting on wednesday.

Chris

1d2d3d4d
19th Mar 2009, 21:00
I have been in e-mail contact with Steve Read CEO of Cabair. He says he is willing to come and meet me and any others to discuss future aircraft availability at WA. Please get intouch with the office to help push and arrange such a meeting.

We have only 14 days left with the 4 Robin HR200s, and only 14 days left of the current membership. So where and what are we going to fly with the start of (hopefully) a new flying season?

Chris

trickii
8th Apr 2009, 20:49
At Blackbushe on Saturday.Two robins in Wellesborne livery are working there for cabair.Presumbly a business decision as to utilisation and hirer rates.Scruffy chicks need a makeover though.Make them an offer....

david viewing
9th Apr 2009, 12:44
So where and what are we going to fly with the start of (hopefully) a new flying season?

If you haven't done so already, please pop into Take Flight. A very relaxed style, friendly people and several part time instructors available. No connection - I simply share their facilities - but if I didn't have a plane, I'd rent from them.

robindriver
16th Apr 2009, 11:54
I popped into what was Wellesbourne Aviation a couple of days ago, and it looks like things may not be that bad after all......

We have only got 2 of the 4 Robins left, but they still have good availability, and if there's enough demand it's not impossible that they will lease another one back. :ok:

There's some money being spent on the buildings too, so Aeros do seem to be taking it seriously and not (as I, for one, was concerned about) just there to take the club assets and run. Don't know what gave me that idea after the Grabair episode...... :mad:

Having seen what's happening and speaking to everyone there, I'm much more optimistic that we'll just end up with a bigger, happier club. And I don't work for Aeros!!!