PDA

View Full Version : Cambridge

Navpi
15th Mar 2009, 15:57
(apols if this appears twice, submitted but no posting appeared)

Heard RYR have been sniffing round Cambridge this week !

Possible diversion field or are they getting fed up of Stansted ?

planenut321
15th Mar 2009, 19:09
Ryanair would never start up in Cambridge. Not enough investment of passengers! Also i feel the runway may be a tad short for any sensible destinations!

goatface
15th Mar 2009, 19:44
The runway is long enough, it's just that to get to the "terminal" entails taxying along a very narrow taxiway which has enough bearing strength to accomodate a couple of tubby starlings.

Cambridge is equipped to accomodate bizjets for the nearby racing and the City, widebodies for the factory and very little else.

daz211
15th Mar 2009, 20:58
I had to take a coach load of EZY passenger to Cambridge when the
last hijacking was at Stansted, in total there were 5 EZY and 7 RYR flights
on the ground at Cambridge... the other problem with Cambridge Airport is its location and carparks or lack of them, the road outside the [for want of a better word] Terminal is busy enough with local traffic, it would never work as an Airport for more than 1 or 2 Ryanair flights a day.

MUFC_fan
15th Mar 2009, 21:27
Base for their new department:

"Revenue Development"

Apparently will be the largest department at the airline.

wantabe_crew
31st Mar 2009, 01:36
Both Ryanair and Easyjet had Menzies come down to CBG in 2007/2008 to do a study if the airfield could handle at least 4 or 5 flights a days from each airline, the answer was yes if they increased the arrivals and departures to which I belive Marshalls agreed to, also they have reviewed plans to dig up the grass parking area and make it a hard parling area for 737 & 757.
:ok::cool:

Seat62K
31st Mar 2009, 07:12
Would Ryanair market Cambridge as a "London" airport or as a "Birmingham" one? Or, even more cheekily, as both?

stormin norman
31st Mar 2009, 08:03
Your taking the p..ss out of Ryanair now -that will be a pound please !

Balair
31st Mar 2009, 09:21
No you have got it wrong, you pay a pound when Ryanair take the p..s out of you....!

stormin norman
31st Mar 2009, 15:53
Old but good

New golf shot - a 'Ryanair' Flies well but dosn't land anywhere near where you want it to.

goatface
31st Mar 2009, 16:09
Point 1: The taxiways to the "terminal" at Cambridge are piss poor, not wide enough and incapable of handling much more than a FK50, never mind a fully loaded B737.

Point 2: Cambridge do not have the ground/terminal staffing, training or capability to handle normal scheduled flights, Suckling with 20 or so business folk was one thing, Ryanair with 200 or so passengers in various states of coherence is entirely another.

Point 3: Marshalls, despite many years of having the opportunity, have not take advantage of the potential to attract this sort of traffic, sadly their management has let them down and it's their loss.

daz211
31st Mar 2009, 18:23
As I have said afew posts ago, I took a coach load of passengers from
Stansted to Cambridge, there were afew FR and EZY 737's on the
groung at once, you must be wrong with point one.