PDA

View Full Version : National Jet Systems/ Cobham Aviation Services

sthaussiepilot
15th Mar 2009, 01:39
Hasnt been one of these for a while...

Whats the go? What are they up to at the moment? Moral Improved?

Seems the once bleak out look has changed a little for NJS?

and Why did NJS change to Cobham Aviation Services? :confused:

AerocatS2A
15th Mar 2009, 02:16
and Why did NJS change to Cobham Aviation Services?
It's a world wide re-branding of the Cobham companies. I can't find the official blurb right now but there are benefits in terms of brand recognition in having the companies using the same name. Previously people may have had little idea that NJS was a Cobham company, now the link is obvious, and in some cases that may be beneficial.

BTW, in long form it's Cobham Aviation Services Australia or CAvSA (too close to CASA for my liking) but they're using just "Cobham" in informal use or when the location of the company is not ambiguous.

I can't answer your other questions as I don't work for them.

aviator's_anonymous
15th Mar 2009, 10:09
The transition from National Jet to Cobham Aviation Services Australia will be complete on the 30th of March, when National Jet - Regional Services (blue tail operations) complete their transition and will no longer use National Jet. This will bring in line over 90+ companies worldwide into the one Cobham brand. As AerocatS2A pointed out, this will bring along it benefits such as brand recognition within companies worldwide that use Cobham as a service whereas before they may not have known that a certain company was a Cobham service.