PDA

View Full Version : OAA - First Officer.

HeathrowAirport
13th Mar 2009, 20:26
Hello,

Just read on the OAA site, it says "
Entry Pre-requisites for APP First Officer
Applicants for the APP First Officer course must be 17 years of age to attend the Skills Assessment. They must have a minimum of five GCSEs at grade C or above and these must include English language, mathematics and either physics or double science. Overseas applicants must have the equivalent of the above or higher. A-levels are not required; however, many airlines give hiring preference to those who have A-levels or otherwise meet university entrance requirements. Neither OAA nor any of the airlines require applicants to have university degrees."

Does that mean once I have done my A levels I can go straight to this without doing my PPL?

Any help will be appreciated.

Kindest Regards,

Robbie

maxdrypower
13th Mar 2009, 20:32
Its an integrated course so essentially zero to hero so you wont need a ppl .
You could get a PPL and then do modular and save yourself 30 grand but thats another argument .

HeathrowAirport
13th Mar 2009, 21:02
Hi Maxdrypower,

Thanks for the quick reply. So that covers everything from PPL - CPL and ATPL, all for £66k?

But so if I go modular and get my PPL elsewhere 45hrs + fees £6-7K, then the other 105hrs will be another £6k or so rite?

How much does the Modular course cost?

Regards,

Robbie

maxdrypower
13th Mar 2009, 21:23
Depends o all manner of things the intergarted course will give you a frozen atpl , that being a CPL/IR and you will also get an mcc with that.
There is no PPL as such as it is an integrated course , the flying you do will be pretty much the same but you wont get the individual qualifications as you go.
Shop around the prices vary from here to there , ie train in UK or Usa you will hear hundredos fo arguments on here as everyone believes their method is best . Remember most people have only trained in one place .
There are many many threads on here in the stickies at the top to help you so you dont have to repeat questions , you will only become the butt of abuse if you ask the same questionover and over again , ie whic is better mod or int etc
The OAA F/O course is 66k but that is for the course , you will still have to live for 12-16 months so add at least 10-15 grand on top of that at the very least and that may be conservative.
Search the stickies and research it well .

JB007
14th Mar 2009, 09:19
I'd save all your money and not do it at all for at least 4 years - that may be conservative too...

Mp777
14th Mar 2009, 20:33
but can u please tell me...what can differ so much between des 2 courses. i mean particularly in sector of jobs.i heard people sayin tht integrated students get help in gettin their first jobs but nat modular.,,..and if yes do they are so much sured about it..so...any help will make mymind more satified..????sorry but my english sucks.,.thankx regards

mad_jock
15th Mar 2009, 13:34
what can differ so much between des 2 courses

You get a uniform if you do integrated.

Lew747
15th Mar 2009, 16:58
You get a uniform if you do integrated.

Actually, Something that has pondered my mind, do any schools that do modular approved training give you a uniform? Yes, this is a serious question! :}:ok:

Halfbaked_Boy
15th Mar 2009, 17:06
OAA modular peeps get a uniform - aint it special!

skyhighbird
15th Mar 2009, 19:36
but can u please tell me...what can differ so much between des 2 courses. i mean particularly in sector of jobs.i heard people sayin tht integrated students get help in gettin their first jobs but nat modular.,,..and if yes do they are so much sured about it..so...any help will make mymind more satified..????sorry but my english sucks.,.thankx regards

Afraz!!!! I've missed you so much. How have you been?

Mp777
15th Mar 2009, 20:43
nope...wrong guess.watver i still didn't get any gud answer...if doin integrated course u ve much chances tht oaa will get u FO job in sum airlines..instead of modular 1s tht didn't get any support frm them.is it rite sayin this..????

preduk
15th Mar 2009, 21:24
MP777,

I think you will get a serious answer when you ask your question in a serious sentence. We aren't asking for your English to be perfect, all we want is for you to spell correctly you must remember we have a number of members on this forum who wont understand what you're saying.

potkettleblack
16th Mar 2009, 08:08
OAA modular peeps get a uniform - aint it special!

The small school down in BOH that I went to insisted on us wearing a uniform as well. Way over the top in my opinion. I have no problem wearing one to work where I have to walk through airport security and get paid to fly but to turn up to hop in a light aircraft for training is just stupid.

Mind you I think it was more for "marketing" purposes that we were all prancing about in anycase. The instructors loved wearing their 4 stripes though:)

If its uniforms your into then the integrated way is definitely up your alley. Correct me if I am wrong but I think you might even get some stripes as you accumulate licences and ratings. Yippee.

skyhighbird
16th Mar 2009, 09:13
"if doin integrated course u ve much chances tht oaa will get u FO job in sum airlines..instead of modular 1s tht didn't get any support frm them"

From what I have read, you pay for the training. Any FTO has very little interest in you afterwards.

Any chump can click on a website to see if they are recruiting on not and then send in a CV. You don't need a CFI to do it for you.

Visit the thread "BA Sponsorship".

It will tell you everything you need to know about Integrated being better than mods. :E

TheBeak
16th Mar 2009, 09:28
MP777, your use of the English language and your grammer are appauling. I don't mean to be rude, but it has to be said. Probably do approach BA, they have quotas to fill so you will probably get in......this industry is going to sh*t. You shouldn't be able to just pay to be a pilot. You should have to work hard and achieve the standards. COMMUNICATION is a vital part of the job and you don't do it so well, so work on that first before trying to fly a plane.

Bruce Wayne
16th Mar 2009, 10:26
MP777, your use of the English language and your grammer are appauling.

TheBeak, if you are going to be the spelling police, at least make sure your admonishment is free from error ! :}

In all respects however, the use of "txt spk" has no place in aviation. Communication in this industry is highly relevant to safety. If you cannot communicate effectively then your prospects are severely limited.

Any potential candidate considering a career on the flight deck, having English as a first language or not, should also bear in mind:

As of 5 Mar. 2008

The demonstration of the ability to speak and understand the language used for radiotelephony communications shall be done in accordance with the holistic descriptor and the rating scale contained in the Appendix and the Attachment to Annex 1. Those demonstrating language proficiency below the Expert Level (Level 6) will be formally re-evaluated at intervals in accordance with their individual proficiency level. ICAO recommends that the interval be six years for those at the Extended Level (Level 5) and three years for those at the Operational Level (Level 4).

TheBeak
16th Mar 2009, 10:38
Grammar and appalling, thanks......we live and we learn. At least I would have said it correctly.

maxdrypower
16th Mar 2009, 20:44
I think MP ia Afraz there surely cannot be more than one , his response also leads one to believe that he knew exactly who SkyHigh was talking about . I love the little single stripe worn by the small outfit at BOH , but not as much as some of their industrial size gold wings they are amazing:}:}

Mp777
16th Mar 2009, 21:10
the beak
no worries..,i hope with the time i will be able to speak good english.i dont have engligh as my mother language but just to let you know, i can still speak other 5 languages.,,i think thats not the topic to talk about(dont take it offensive).my question was simply that do oaa supports the integrated students in getting jobs in aviation industry.thanks
regards

maxdrypower
16th Mar 2009, 21:20
In short them they say they do but in reality you are on your own.

balajinaidoo
18th Mar 2009, 13:59
A levels not required so strange

well maybe just to attract people

balajinaidoo
18th Mar 2009, 14:14
A levels not required so strange

well maybe just to attract people