PDA

View Full Version : Belgian/German airports

sycamore
13th Mar 2009, 14:10
Tried on `Biz Jets`,but no takers; Anyone been thru` Ostend,Charleroi,Liege,Luxie.or Erfurt,Altenburg lately ? Any advice/recommendations on handling/fuel/Customs,for a single jet `splash and dash`,hopefully ? Thanks,Syc..

733driver
13th Mar 2009, 14:50
OK, I will try and help out the best I can. I can't tell you much about fees as we have direct billing at most places.

Erfurt is quite straightforward. I don't think you need handling there. They have a dedicated G/A facility so you can avoid the terminal. Should be good for a quick turnaround.

Haven't been to Altenburg but should be straight forward aswell.

Whenever I was in Luxembourg it has always been a bit of a mess because you needed Luxair handling to drive you to the terminal and back etc. The landing fees are moderate but I think handling fees probably aren't. however, I seem to remember that they were in the process o opening a dedicated G/A facility so things might have changed. You might want to give them a call.

The airports in Belgium are not bad, but again, not sure if you need handling. We always use a handling agent but I woud try and find a place where it is not needed for a fuel stop.

I recommend you phone up the places and ask about fees and the need for a handling agent. ATC and infrastrucure (RWY, Nav-aids etc) wise all the places you mentioned should be no problem.

bookworm
13th Mar 2009, 19:00
eddh.de (http://eddh.de/info/landeinfo.html) has useful info.

sycamore
14th Mar 2009, 11:34
733 and Bookworm,many thanks,got the plates,but nice to see the other stuff...

deing
20th Mar 2009, 15:57
Went to Charleroi today, no handling required, airlineflights now operate from the other side of the airport so southside is GA only
Avgas is via fixed pump, jetfuel via truck
Don't know landingfees as they will send you the invoice, but it used to be less then 10 Euro for a single