PDA

View Full Version : Namibia C210 going rate?

anotheradam
13th Mar 2009, 11:58
Hello all,
I have an offer to come fly a C210 for a private lodge over the summer. Could someone working down there please let me know what the rough going rate is, as I don't want to price myself out of a job!!? Much appreciated and thanks also for the replies to my other Nam enquiry.
Also, anyone know the cost of the 3month work permit?
Cheers

Propellerpilot
13th Mar 2009, 12:13
7000N$ = roughly 650U$ / month for starters. Three month work Permit over 1000N$ now I think.

Voel
13th Mar 2009, 16:47
I guess the main aim is to have a roof over your head, something to eat, a little bit of pocket money, but a lot of flying hours. :ok: The gestimate by prop pilot is about correct, except the USD value. Do not compare this as the living expenses are much cheaper in Namibia than in the UK :p(except computer and electronic stuff) :{.

dannyjet
13th Mar 2009, 19:15
Lucky you in being able to get a job without going there, or did you? I really want to go work there and I am saving the money to go in the next couple of months.

I have read a lot of informative threads in this forum but I still feel I am going without knowing what to expect.

Good luck!

5Z4
13th Mar 2009, 20:49
dont waste your money coming to namib cause all the op's have sufficient pilots for this season

the 7000$N is not correct either, it's more like 25000$N

better to give correct info on posts than oldtime estimates

:=

Propellerpilot
14th Mar 2009, 06:16
Pardon me ? N$25000 for a C210 jockey ? Which company is this ? The last time I worked in Nam was less than a year ago and I worked for a company that is probably ranked No.2 (or even 1) on operators payscale for C210. I am not talking of the guys that get paid per scenic in Swakop -they used to get up to N$17000 in the best month max. but had more or less the same in the non season than the standard charter guys. West Air and Bay Air might pay that salary you mentioned to their more senior pilots, but not somebody who is new flying a C210 only (+BayAir does not operate C210 anymore).

If the times have changed so quickly, then I consider myself out of the loop, however it would be good news to hear, might go back there someday myself if they pay over N$40000 next year... :E

5Z4
15th Mar 2009, 08:26
ah
my mistake sorry
I thought we were talking 'rate' as in 'type rating'
:uhoh:
was prolly reading with 1 eye only.
The pay is 6000,-

greetz

Propellerpilot
15th Mar 2009, 15:21
Yeah - the headline of his post is easy to misinterpret, but now that information is availiable also ;)

anotheradam
15th Mar 2009, 22:37
Okay sorry, to make it clearer, I have been offered a position flying a C210 for a few months. The guy has asked me what I am asking for as a salary. I don't want to overprice myself, and though I have a few hours (5500) I want to come out and fly and ask for a wage that is on par with other 210 pilots. Hence the 'going rate' question. Am I to understand that around N$7000per month?
Thanks

Propellerpilot
16th Mar 2009, 07:14
Yes that is for starters - 200hr pilots. Usually you will not get asked that question - they will just tell you what you get paid. If your experience is worth more to them, they might very well give you more, but that obviously depends on them. You will just have to gage if they are willing to fork out more for you.