PDA

View Full Version : Ground Handling intimidation at LAD

captainspeaking
13th Mar 2009, 11:30
Those of you with the uneviable task of flying into LAD might be interested in this email, received this morning from Ryde Flight Support and posted in its entirety:

"It is with huge grief and sorrow that I am writing to all of you this e-mail, to those of you that elected to change and use RYDE Flight Support as your preferred handler in Luanda, but specially for those who are still in doubt or decided that for now would stay with their old service provider which I completely understand. What honestly I cannot, will not, and refuse to accept or understand, is that instead of trying to improve the level for their service, to try to regain their lost customers, and to keep their actual ones, they (our competitors and there are only two of them) now elected to go the easier and most cowardly way, calling the only lady member of our staff with threats and menaces, like "if we see your business card again with one of our customers you will be in trouble" and other things that I cannot write here. If they could find the ladyīs contact, they could have found one of the manīs contact, why didnīt they contact one of us? Because they knew from us they would get the appropriate response, but as they are as coward and unprofessional as this action shows, this was the best they could get! Also just for your information, we presented a formal complaint against the person that called with the Angolan authorities.

Gentleman / Ladies, this behavior only means one thing and one thing only, that RYDE is doing the right thing and came to the market on the right moment, we might not be the cheapest of the options in Luanda, but honestly we do not want to as we believe in the level of our service. And as I can recall from my times with Net Jets Europe the customer that flies business jets, does not mind to pay a little bit extra if they are well served, and RYDE will not lower its prices and decrease the quality of its service.

I wanted to share the feeling of all of us at RYDE regarding this matter, and to show you (specially the customers that are not using RYDE still), the kind of people that you are dealing with!

We at RYDE praise loyalty, honesty, ethics, and foremost and above all, professionalism.

Please feel free to forward this e-mail to any other companies / individuals that might need to use this kind of services in Angola so they know with whom they are dealing with THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

CALCULATOR
13th Mar 2009, 13:31
Dear Captain speaking,
We dont go to Angola often but after this e mail you have just scored yourself another client.

We didnt even know about RYDE FLIGHT SUPPORT but I like what you stand for.
PLEASE pm me your e mail address so that we can start sending you a bit of business.

Rgds :ok:

CJ750
14th Mar 2009, 09:03
If this is true it would be very unprofessional of Global Support and the others. It is also possible it is a reverse form of advertising / smear campaign by Ryde as well. Just a suggestion. Having used both i still prefer Pascal and his guys at Global. We must be careful but handling is always a problem in africa and is becoming a problem even at FAJS with i think it is equity trying to muscle everyone out. So not only in Luanda.
:sad: