PDA

View Full Version : Instrument F/W Add-on Question

JaredYng
13th Mar 2009, 04:51
Good Day,

I apologize if I should already know this or if it's been hashed a hundred times before but I couldn't find anything on the search.

I currently hold my private f/w license and I take my check ride for r/w on Monday. I'll be starting my Instrument training in r/w next week. This is where my question becomes complicated and probably annoying!

After I finish my instrument and comm. in r/w I'd like to go on to get my instrument add-on and commercial add-on in f/w.

Does anyone know the requirements for the f/w add-ons and whether or not I should do something in particular throughout my r/w training to help with the add-ons?

I realize that a x-ctry in f/w is <50NM and in a helicopter is <25NM so I will be making all of my r/w x-ctry's <50NM. Is there anything else I should keep in mind or do? I'd hate to find out after it's too late so I'm trying to plan in advance as much as possible. Thanks for all of your help.

My current hours that I think are relevant:

F/W X-ctry Dual: 4.9
F/W X-ctry Solo/PIC: 5.7

R/W X-ctry Dual: 5.7
R/W X-ctry Solo/PIC: 2.3

Does the x-ctry have to have the first leg over 50NM or just any of the legs over 50NM?

I apologize if I've left anything out and I appreciate your help.

Best Wishes,
Jared