PDA

View Full Version : right seat on a jet for a low timer. dream or reality?

a330_wingspan_love
12th Mar 2009, 05:41
hi folks,

i am an Indian who has been away from India for a while....planning to do my CPL and in about a year be back. i have a couple of questions which i am hoping some of u folks can answer..........

1)do you think its worth it to do a self sponsored type rating. is this going to enhance ones chances of securing a job in India?

2)from what i have read and heard was it / is it (in the future) really possible for someone with 250-300TT/ME/IR to find themselves as FO on an a320 or a 737:ooh:?

thanks

GlueBall
12th Mar 2009, 06:25
Pilot Jobs, Aviation Jobs, Aviation Employment, Career Fairs, Job Fairs (http://www.climbto350.com) Look at all the flying jobs available for expats in India. So if you're an Indian national you would go to the head of the pack, especially if you have an A320 or B738 rating in your pocket.

viking320
12th Mar 2009, 06:26
Are you an Indian Citizen?????????????????
If so Do you have say75000 US$??????????????????? In cash so that you are not borrowing to do the course???????????
Have you got say 2 years with you after the course completion to convert to Indian licence????????????????????
have you got some contact of somekind in aviation.................????????????

Currently there are about at least 5000 CPL holders with say 300 hrs Looking to either convert the licence to Indian or looking for a Job.
And also If one airline closes In India now there will be a lot of experienced pilots..........

It will be worse than the 1990s Only in the last 5 years the country has seen a big boom.

and finally WHY DO YOU WANT TO BECOME A PILOT?????????????
please answer these questions???
viking

a330_wingspan_love
12th Mar 2009, 07:13
WHOOOH! didnt mean to offend viking320

yes i am an indian citizen

if i didnt have the funds for the type rating i wouldnt have asked that question in the first place.and by the way its not 75K for a CPL n type rating.atleast not here in canada.......

one has to do a lot of running aroung for the lisence conversion but surly not 2 yrs!.....

contacts is one thing i dont have and it dosent bother me much because i remember what one HR manager at spicejet said "we can tell from the interview who is in for the love of flying and who is in for the money, its the aptitude that we are looking for"......

i was unable to pursue it due to personal reasons and now that i am in a position to do so i dont want to give up on it.just like many of you i was also born with the flying bug and its my dream too.. if i dont give it a shot i will hav to live with that guilt for the rest of my life...............

anyways......the question still remains. if you are going for it is it worth geting a typerating?

Brianigham
12th Mar 2009, 08:12
:ok: A330 wingspan love.

Yup I love the 330 too, the wings included.

I just want to encourage you on. May not answer your questions though.

If you have that dream that many of us had and are living through everyday, then you MUST go after it.

Then it really doesn't matter what the industry is doing, which airline is shutting down, who is employing, or how long it takes, now or in the future.

It doesn't matter which country you are from and if there are any planes there or not in the first place or just too many pilots sitting around.

Don't try too hard to analyze the marketplace. Some people say, it goes through cycles. Who cares!

Just do it !

Yes there are airlines who take in "fresh grads" in some parts of the world. You will never be sure if this stops tomorrow, but it shouldn't matter. Once you have got your paperwork sorted out and if no airline is employing, get back to what you were doing, fly part time, get a flying job with a smaller outfit. Your options are actually endless. Just too many airline pilots have taken those first steps you are about to take.

If you don't do it..... rest assured you will regret it.

Looking back I am sure you will cherish the "Pursuit" of your dream more than anything else.

Is a type rating going to improve your chances ? Maybe some one else can help you out with this one.

All the best.

lunars
12th Mar 2009, 09:09
I wish you all the best with your career.
Go and get it buddy. I was only saying what I have heard and seen while in India working for an Airline.
so all the best for your future.
lunars

Schumi - Red Baron
12th Mar 2009, 14:14
A330
I wish you all the best with your career.
Go and get it buddy. I was only saying what I have heard and seen while in India working for an Airline.
so all the best for your future.
Viking

Hey mate why are you signing as Viking....:confused:

rcl7700
12th Mar 2009, 16:11
Is it even worth getting typed right now? Unless you have a job lined up already after type rating I think it would be a little risky. What if your currency expires before you get a job? Don't know about India, but I know some countries remove type ratings from your license if you haven't flown the aircraft a certain number of hours over a predetermined period at the time of license renewal. You have to make sure the investment is worth it in our current times. On the other hand you may find good offers from training companies in these hard times.

rcl