PDA

View Full Version : pst files

beerdrinker
11th Mar 2009, 10:08
Further to my last request regarding Oulook 7 and Outlook 3, I have discovered that my problem is not with them.

I am having problems loading any .pst file (including one from another computer that has XP and Outlook 03) onto the re-formatted computer which works XP has just had Office 03 reloaded on it.

Normally when I move .pst files from one computer to another there is no problem. When I want to compose a new email I click on "NEW" and then click on "TO". I then get a message , but if I scroll down list in the "Show names from the:" I can see "Outlook Address Book"; "Contacts" and a second "Contacts". It is when I click on the second "Contacts" that my list of EMail addresses come up and I can select from them.

However on the re-formatted computer only one (not 2) "Contacts" comes up and when I click on that I get the message that "the Contacts folder associated with the Address book could not be opened as it might have been moved or deleted."

Any ideas?

green granite
11th Mar 2009, 10:36
The only thing I can think of is that for some reason the .pst file is being put in the wrong place, try using windows explorer to see where it is on one of the m/cs that work ok and then compare it to the the one where it doesn't, also look at the entire directory structure incase that has changed for some reason.

Bushfiva
11th Mar 2009, 10:41
On the offchance, from a command window type outlook.exe /cleanviews and see if that automagically fixes it.