PDA

View Full Version : Srilankan Pilots Abroad

captslk
11th Mar 2009, 06:57
Many Srilankan pilots working overseas have been laid off or going to be.

Singapore Airlines is giving the option to come on local terms. Which is not good at all.

KingFisher telling the Srilankan pilots with the others to go fish. Eventually all contracts will be terminated at KF. KF's flying to the US and all were just a joke they say.

Going is no good.

May be will see our old buddies back with us soon at SriLankan Airlines. Not flying to the US but back to Trichy.

tristar man
15th Mar 2009, 06:22
Captslk,

I dont think any can come back to srilankan. As MR and DP have told the management not to take anyone back. They are protecting the expats. Also if they do, will have to say good bye to the expats. No more free cruises and all the goodies.

Our srilankan is tailor made for expats. The above info was received from a very reliable source from the offices it self.

sharuk khan
22nd Mar 2009, 15:26
Ha,ha,ha....so finally MR and DP are the culprits here, not the ones who jumped ship stating UL is sinking and the pasture was greener on the other side....?

We have always been this and will continue to be this, tristarman or Captslk....that's the problem here, we cannot accept our faults but need to blame it on the others........

:= change my friends, if not we all go down and then we won't have anyone left to blame it on................

tristar man
24th Mar 2009, 10:57
MR, along with the EK cockbirds are responsible for ULs situation now. See the state of our airline. I dont think MR can sleep at night. Shame shame MR.
:rolleyes:

Sri lankan cuts 50% of its flights to India

VS-Toga
24th Mar 2009, 14:10
As an aside, is Sunil Wettimuny still flying?

If so could you pvt me?

captslk
2nd Apr 2009, 06:46
The latest news.

The young, the old, the show offs, the big mouths, the top gun ones, the ones who invented flying, the politician flyers, the cargo flyers all are looking for jobs all over. As SIA has forgotten to look after them or have told them to go look after them selves.

**** has really hit the fan for our top ones at SIA. Not much flying but the applications are. Some have even reached us at UL.

Good bye Orchard road. Hello Punchikawatte. Even this is going to be a dream for you boys.

captslk
4th Apr 2009, 06:06
UL501

If at all UL decides to take the locals back. Which I really doubt. Will depend on DP and MR. Anyone who is a threat to them or the management family, will not be taken for sure. Its easy for them to pounce on a Fillipino than a local.

They rather tell the local to go to hell and keep the expats. DP and MR loves the Fillipinos and adore them a lot. Mind you they are great flyers too.

coolguy
5th Apr 2009, 10:21
UL501

How come you post and delete the comments you make?

captslk
5th Apr 2009, 10:30
Coolguy,

You are correct. UL 501 disapeared from the thread. Hey UL 501, squawk ident.

UL 501 were you touched with the SIA comment.

justiceman
6th Apr 2009, 16:16
Its a global meltdown now.Specially for the Pilots.

All of them have Stopped hiring Pilots mainly in the middle East and Far east due to the Current Situation.

This will stay on until the end of this year.

sharuk khan
26th Apr 2009, 16:06
Well boys, from what I hear and see, the expats are been sent home here too, then it will start with the local flyboys...be ready boys for here comes the depression and the stall....whooop, whooop, pull up.

I guess our President (SJ) who promised jobs for all the pilots a few moons ago and refused the pay rise with the 1000 hrs has got his fingers all twisted now...where are you Mr President? Are you trying to look after the other unions still or get our boys on track?:yuk:

LOVE UL
30th Apr 2009, 05:43
Hello Sharuk,

Please dont look for the Union president. He is there., All this mess is because of you. Peter Hill's and EKs and MR's ask licker. If you have forgotten, refer your previous post. The president should have thrown out skunks like you and then are boys would have been on track.. We are like this today again because of you.

Its a very forgetfull world isn't it.

moderate
2nd May 2009, 05:14
All you guys (any gals?) needs reminding what happens during a global melt down........we see many catty comments that resembles the old 'sour grape' story. If guys have the guts to venture out, let them. Even migration to greener pastures as we know in terms of all species over the past centuries happened in the same way. Try not to be jealous and needlessly burn your blood. You may want to venture out one day.....or may have to do it very soon if UL is run the way it is today. MR, DP or whoever would like to save their positions by hiding behind expats but its up to us locals to expose them when they do wrong. So stop blaming those who leave or those who return. 30% of those who left for KF have already come back to UL, that includes an expat too! So what's your grouse? Why not complain about that then?

Lankaweflyingporak
5th May 2009, 17:56
Well said MODERATE!

We seem to be flying "legally blind". Read the ANR if you have a copy. ANR 208 clearly states that if there is an equally qualified National Pilot he shall be employed before any Expatriate, Did you know that UL is paying through its nose to the DGCASL to keep expats in the employment list?

Employing locals will save vluable foriegn exchange. Pardon me for saying this, but all our ex-colleagues will come back with exposure and experience from other Airlines that will enrich our way of thinking. Perhaps then we could stand up to DP and MAL (Gobson).

LOVE UL
6th May 2009, 04:17
flyingpora,

The ANR is to be kept in the caasl office with all the rats. That particular page you refer to has been eaten by MRAT(MAL). UL will run only of the books of DP and MR. Check their ANR. Which is different to the caasl. Very soon the caasl will change it to MR/DP ANR.

Bringing locals from abroad is a real threat to the duo. Which will never ever take place. Unless if the incoming locals are prepared to pay some money to BAIL out DP's bro from custody.(BAIL OUT PACKAGE). This will help you get in.:cool:

Lankaweflyingporak
6th May 2009, 10:09
Hi Love,
It is agreed that CAASL(Committee for Anti Aviation in Sri Lanka) is weak. To add insult to injury the Civil Aviation Bill which should have gone to Parliament years ago is stuck down the line. Blocked by AASSL. Look around you. While we are discussing about our ex-colleagues coming back, (a minor irritation), the air force is killing General Aviation (GA) in SL. The responsible positions of CAASL has been filled by graduate ex-Air Traffic Controllers who go by the book and are unable to exercise their descreation due to a lack of exposure, knowledge and experience. My point is while we discuss battle stratergy here, we are loosing the war! Let's look at the big picture. Sri Lankan Civil Aviation is being killed slowly.

sharuk khan
20th May 2009, 15:33
Love UL and FlyingPorak need to read the ANR again, the commitee did look at it and it states otherwise, know the law boys before shooting off....need classes on ANR?:ooh:

The stuff on GA is very true though, I take my hats off on that, but it does sound a bit judgemental on the Airforce boys!!????

Lankaweflyingporak
23rd May 2009, 23:59
Who is the two-bit lawyer the committee whent to? Should they not get a second opinion? I think the AG should be the final authority. The comments on the SLAF was with malice to none. If I were the Commander I will do the same. Attempt to look after my boys and find them a useful role in peacetime. It is left to the DG (who does not know which way an aircraft flies) to safe guard Civil Aviation!