PDA

View Full Version : Renting an N-reg single in the South East

hubbs1982
9th Mar 2009, 15:13
Does anyone know of anywhere remotely close to London where I could rent an N-reg PA28, C172, C177, DA40 type plane? Retrac would be nice, but not essential. Cheap would also be good.

julian_storey
9th Mar 2009, 15:31
Lydd Aero Club have an 'N' reg AA5 for rental . . .

N Club. Lydd Aero Club (http://www.lyddaero.co.uk/n-club.html)

hubbs1982
9th Mar 2009, 16:18
Yeah, I just saw that. Looks pretty interesting.

Never flown anything Grumman, could be fun, decent price as well - £133 tach.

Anything else out there?

Keygrip
9th Mar 2009, 17:00
Forgive slight deviation from original thread - but how does any UK based, commercial operator, justify being able to rent out an N registered aircraft - presumably for profit?

That can't be 100% legal on both sides of the Atlantic, surely?

IO540
9th Mar 2009, 17:35
You can rent them out. I have checked this out with the head man at the DfT myself.

What the renter cannot do is train in them, or use them for commercial purposes, because of ANO Art 140 (needs DfT permission).

LysanderV8
4th Aug 2011, 18:41
A friend of mine in the US wants to come to the UK and do some private flying. He has an FAA ATP with 15,000+ hours and is looking to rent a twin in the South East if possible. He has not flown in the UK before. Please could someone confirm what CAA requirements, if any, he would need to satisfy to be allowed to rent an N-Reg? I appreciate that it may be difficult to find an aircraft for him to rent, and that the operator will have their own requirements to be satisfied.

Thanks in advance

Lysander