PDA

View Full Version : EU ban on Indonesian Airlines

barrybeebone
9th Mar 2009, 13:58
Anyone know how Indonesia is doing with EU ban? I saw in last weeks press that DGCA got rid of the Director General (Budhi) and brought in a new guy. I assume this was because Budhi did not deliver on the lifting of the EU ban?

Massey058
10th Mar 2009, 00:27
Well Kalla who is now going to go it alone in the Presidential election spouted off a while ago that the ban would be lifted by June! Although it is well known he does have a loose mouth.

Major, major wholesale changes in the regulation, oversight and departmental structure are needed before any change in the EU ban can come about. Based on the progress made so far I would hope that there is no lifting of it until at least 2011. Certainly the economic climate will put paid to some of the desire amongst operators for now at least.

barrybeebone
10th Mar 2009, 10:54
Yeah kalla and others always spout off. The only people who know when the ban will be lifted is the EU. I read one press report recently that because Indonesia passed a new aviation law that they thought there was no reason for the EU to have the ban in place. Passing a law is one thing, implementing it is another

Silver Spur
10th Mar 2009, 16:54
According to the Director of Flight Operation of an Indonesian Based Charter company, the ban is not going to be lifted anytime soon. Major changes in the whole system is demanded. This does not happen in a blink.

I believe this is a good 'wake up call' for both Authority and the Operator, which in turn will eventually benefit the society -hopefully-