PDA

View Full Version : Being Pilot and dispatcher

Cecco
8th Mar 2009, 17:05
Hi to all,

I fly privately for an owner on a small bizjet in Germany and I also do the entire flight planning for the trips within Europe. So far, I have ordered the tools abacus aviation (for the OFP), an access to homebriefing (for filing the flightplan), acu-kwik and jeppview (by the way, can you confirm that the airport directory is not on jeppview but only the charts). For trips e.g to Russia, would you recommend to delegate the flightplanning to a dispatch company to avoid any hassle with overflight permits etc.?
My flightplanning experience is confined to filing flightplans for local IFR flights or VFR trips across Europe so any advice would be appreciated (any additional item that is missing, in your experience, on the list of tools I have ordered so far)?

Cheers,
Ceccor

freighternav
9th Mar 2009, 18:04
just check Russian AIP concerning overfly landing requirements for private flights, and follow accordingly. good luck

dmalan
11th Mar 2009, 10:24
Hello all, Can anyone please guide me, i want to be a Flight Operations Officer.... I really want to know the benefits and the requirements. Thank you.

Red Six
26th Mar 2009, 09:19
Flying to Russia, or most lands, is not as scary as people think. You need to find a good Handler (Rusaero or Streamline) and they can make the process much easier. You just need to make sure that you can pay for it, that is what is most important to them. Filing flight plans to Russia is easy, just need to include a few AFTN addresses. And don't forget the Belarus overflight permission

LPPT
29th Mar 2009, 04:39
...and be sure to know how to convert kts to kmh and mps, feet to metric, etc :}

I'm not really sure, but I think the permits can be coordinated through Rusaero?!..

scottpe
30th Mar 2009, 01:58
Definitely find an agent, especially for your first flights, until you know the score. In my experience the most important thing is to make sure your Flight Plan Entry and Exit Points are as per your permits.:ok:

cessnagirl
2nd Apr 2009, 12:33
I'm a dispatcher in search of a flying job. I'd definately recommend it. I've got some valuable experience which would take anyone several years on line to pick up. My position is not what I want, but I'm very lucky compared to most other flying job seekers out there.

Anybody in my situation, I'd definately go for it. It will stand to you and its great for keeping your knowledge of met, planning performance, ops etc up to speed. Meanwhile I just grab a rented cessna to keep current. Still my fave.;)

CG