PDA

View Full Version : Some advice please.

kissmyjetpipe
8th Mar 2009, 11:50
Hi guys, Im sure this has been asked before, I need some advice for my nephew, he is of to Cranwell in a few weeks for his joint military coordination test, can you give me an idea what he should expect and is there any where he can practice, so far he has passed everything he has needed with flying colours, so I would love to give him some advice. Its a little different to flying 767's round the world so I cant help him.

Thanks

L1A2 discharged
8th Mar 2009, 11:55
If you direct your nephew to the sticky at the top of the page 'OASC .....'
there is a plethora of information available.:ok:

Pontius Navigator
8th Mar 2009, 12:49
KMJP, how old is he and exactly what is he intending to do? The sticky gives plenty of advice but there may be the odd extra if we know the age and intentions. Also how long before he goes to Cranwell?

PS

Very strange. I was sure there was an extra sentence at the start of the above post. I didn't delete it so who did?

kissmyjetpipe
8th Mar 2009, 21:04
He is 18 and he goes there in 2 weeks.

He is doing the pilot and observer selection for Royal Navy. (FAT'S)

He tells me its the flying aptitude test. He has done his medical and his prelim officer selection, so I guess this is the last stage at the mo.

airborne_artist
9th Mar 2009, 09:35
The OASC thread has a recent and up to date post with the FAA aircrew selection process. PM me with yr email address for a couple of current and helpful docs which I can send to you.

Pontius Navigator
9th Mar 2009, 15:01
doing the pilot and observer selection for Royal Navy. (FAT'S)

For other wanabees, this just proves that you need to explain who and what before you ask why so that best advice can be offered first off.

TY KMJP