PDA

View Full Version : Best place in Sydney to do an instructor rating?

Andy05
5th Mar 2009, 23:11
Hi all,
I was hoping for some advise as to where would be the best place to complete an instrutor rating in the Sydney basin as I'm looking at doing the course next month. Anyone who has recently done there's and could recommend a perticular school would be great.

Thanks.

kreebeedee
6th Mar 2009, 02:07
Afternoon Andy,

Try Curtis Aviation at Camden (0246556789).

I'm a CPL student there, and it's my secret desire to become an instructor in the future. I've spoken to a lot of the guys on the course, and my instructor himself did his training there, and they all claim it to be excellent.

Good luck with your training,

Kreebeedee

Kickatinalong
6th Mar 2009, 06:39
Mate find the search button and go for it.
Kickatinalong

Andy05
6th Mar 2009, 10:55
Kickatinalong thanks for your help, after doing a search and having no luck
I decided to place this post. Have you searched for any info in regards to instructor courses???

coke drinker
6th Mar 2009, 11:51
Go to Curtis. You'll do it in Citabrias, so you'll gain a tailwheel endorsement (if you don't already have one) and everyone I know who has been there tells of the fun you have. They cover everything necessary but liven it up with a little bit of variation from time to time.

el_capitano
6th Mar 2009, 12:15
who is running Curtis Aviation these days??

coke drinker
6th Mar 2009, 14:01
Craig and Rob Marshall. Nothing but praise for them, fantastic people. I've not met a disgruntled customer.:D

kreebeedee
6th Mar 2009, 22:22
I'll second that. I went to many schools before I found Curtis. It has a markedly different atmosphere from all the other schools - incredibly laid-back, yet extremely well run. Some-one is always on hand to answer questions, and their motto is "flying is fun" rather than "flying is what you do in a jet"!

Good luck Andy....maybe I'll see you around....

Kree

aditya104
9th Mar 2009, 02:04
I am an overseas student doing my Cpl in Bankstown, anyone know of any good flying school, who would be happy to offer a job and a visa to me.

I am considering doing instructor rating, and then work in australia to get some good experience.

coke drinker
9th Mar 2009, 03:20
Aditya, your chances are slim. Honestly. You will cost more to employ than a local, and as it is there are very few instructor jobs going in Australia for juniors at the moment.

DWC182
9th Mar 2009, 06:28
I did my instructor rating with Curtis Aviation and they were fantastic. All the training was done with Grade 1 instructors no mutual ( mutual = fly with another student ) so you get much better value for money. You train on Citabria's so you will also get a highly regarded tailwheel endorsement at the end of the course. Its a very rewarding experiance Im glad I did it and havent looked back

aditya104
10th Mar 2009, 10:16
coke drinker
thanks for the information
aditya

Pilotolatino
25th Mar 2009, 11:42
Stay away from Basair...so far their CPL guys have no idea what a bloody alternator or magneto looks like!!! and these guys are then supposed to teach the new breed of pilots...no thanks!