PDA

View Full Version : DVD Burning

planecrazy.eu
5th Mar 2009, 07:13
Hey

Looking for some advice on what yields a good DVD copy from an AVI (Flip Video).

I have been using some software that i have that puts random video you find on the internet (as you do) onto DVD. "convertxtodvd"

I put my files on DVD, and then my sister used my files and put them on to DVD with Nero, and despite coming from the same source, and my software been set to best, her copy is coming out better, and it took half the time, and i have the better system.

So, i am wondering what you guys would recommend to burn AVI's/MPEGS/DIVx to DVD and get a half decent copy.

Nero is an option, but wondering if there is anything as good or better.

Price not really a problem as long as its not more than £100, then price is a problem as i dont want to spend more than around £60, or less if i can.

meditek
5th Mar 2009, 10:52
I use ConvertxtoDVD all the time. To get the best out of it take a look at their forum. For instance, the default settings usually produce the best results even though it says medium quality. There are a couple of things though. Change burn speed to about 25% of the speed on the DVD, use only media they recommend such as Verbatim and, unless you have a very fast dual core computer, it is best not to run any other programs.

I find it vastly better than Nero.

Slasher
8th Mar 2009, 10:30
1. ConvertxtoDVD:
Great for inserting .srt files (WinAVI cant). Not a great batch converter, as it asumes you want to stuff them all (say Friends Season 1 episodes) onto 1 disk. You have to fiddle and remove episodes till the thingey at the bottom says "conversion quality excelent."

2. WinAVI Video converter:
Great for batch converting if you don't mind an episode or movie "spilling over" onto the next DVD. Burn is the same quality as ConvertxtoDVD.