PDA

View Full Version : Sahel Aviation Service

TXaviator
5th Mar 2009, 00:03
anyone still on the boards currently working for them? i know there was a few in the past...

wondering what their current status is and I have a few questions to send via PM...

thanks!

NG Driver
5th Mar 2009, 05:19
OK then, PM me and I will try and answer your questions.

JTrain
5th Mar 2009, 13:07
Hey Tex, you got a death wish or something?

First you're looking in the Congo, now this....

I've not heard of Sahel aviation, but in general stay away from the local operators, they're nothing but trouble in Africa.

Your best bet is probably one of the South African contract companies, as they hire lots of guys to fly in this area, mostly on UN contracts. At least they'll maintain the aircraft to decent standards, and the paychecks are there on time.

PM me if any more questions.

JT

TXaviator
5th Mar 2009, 13:45
i wouldnt call it a deathwish...

al the SA guys on here seem to be screaming "we hate expats" and theres not a snowballs chance in hell of getting a job as an expat there... so i am only following up every lead that I have...

i will PM you guys for more info thanks!

but yeah, not a deathwish, just motivated to get out to africa.

FlyingWrench
10th Mar 2009, 01:21
I did...I would be happy to answer any questions

TXaviator
10th Mar 2009, 01:54
I spoke with one of the current captains and he had lots of good things to say about the gig and it really seems like my kind of lifestyle, unfortunately I also spoke with JK and he says they are full up on new hires for 2009.

I think I'd really like the outfit tho, and I enjoyed my first taste of NW Africa... and it would help me brush up on my French...I'm kinda rusty! haha...

*sigh* the hunt continues!

TXaviator
10th Mar 2009, 01:59
FLYINGWRENCH, PM's sent.

stone_crusher
5th Jul 2009, 22:08
hey guys............
what are the hiring minimums for the company (first officers)??///
BR
stone

TXaviator
14th Jul 2009, 03:48
not hiring last i heard. didnt get far enough to find out mins or anything.

userdfdf
30th Jul 2009, 02:42
There are no mins, as new hires are usually in the right seat as S.I.C. in the BE20 or B190. Type-rating, South African license (or validation) is almost a must. Expat F/O hiring seems to have stopped, all South African F/Os now. Decent organizations but struggling with the usual bush operation issues. Airplanes take a real beating and it shows. Crew spots definitely filled for 2009 and CVs are still coming in by the hundreds (literally). Keep what you've got or find an alternative.