PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Transfer T5 to T1 - with Baggage

boru247
4th Mar 2009, 10:40
Self and Mrs Boru are due to travel through Heathrow fairly soon. Outbound is simple, but the return is giving me a little concern. Mrs Boru is not 100% - she does not need a fulll time wheelchair but requests assistance when transiting airports as she cannot walk more far. We are arriving into T5 via BA and leaving T1 via BMI. We have been told that we are not going to be able to have the bags checked through to our final destination (BHD), and will thus have to collect them in T5 and then check them in again with BMI in T1. We have also been told by BA that as we are changing airlines it is unlikely that the T5 assistance will continue through to T1. Looking at the BAA and BA websites they are not very clear on the best way to do the transit if you are carrying your own bags - their instructions are for those who can use the inter-terminal bus via flight connections. This is no use to us.

Can anyone please give me some guidance about the best way to transit with the minimum amount of walking, or how to obtain help?

Many thanks

raffele
4th Mar 2009, 10:49
I'm guessing the airlines will provide assistance within their terminals - so BA should provide assistance within T5, and BMI within T1.

Probably the easiest way to transfer between T5 and T1 is via Heathrow Express - free transfers between Heathrow terminals.

L337
4th Mar 2009, 11:36
Connections (http://www.britishairways.com/travel/airpflcnxlhr/public/en_ag)

Have a look here.