PDA

View Full Version : Virgin - Gatwick to Vegas

inglebyboro
3rd Mar 2009, 20:38
Hi all

Can anybody please confirm if Virgin will still have the Premium Econ cabin on the upper deck on the Gatwick to Las Vegas route next Jan / Feb?

Thanks in advance
IB

Oneil
4th Mar 2009, 12:13
Would appear so looking v-flyers plane guide

dany4kin
6th Mar 2009, 00:17
This is a good site if you're going flying...

SeatGuru Seat Map Virgin Atlantic Boeing 747-400 Vers. 1 (744) (http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Virgin_Atlantic_Airways/Virgin_Atlantic_Airways_Boeing_747-400_1.php)

It would appear (if the site is still correct) that 3 out of the 4 possible Virgin configs have the premium economy on the upper deck.

It's nice up there! Enjoy!

Oneil
6th Mar 2009, 12:31
I think they use version 2 and 3 out of gatwick which covers the vegas flight so you look safe to assume that PE will be on upper deck

inglebyboro
8th Mar 2009, 21:09
Many thanks for the info.

I have always wanted to travel on the upper deck of a 747, & this trip early next year will probably be my only chance. Is there any way of pre-booking a seat on the upper deck if you are booked on a virgin holiday, which has been booked through a travel agent?

Many thanks once again
IB

dany4kin
9th Mar 2009, 04:13
I was the same as you except I always wanted to travel on a 747. On a recent trip to Hong Kong I checked in online waaaay back in row 47 so that I could appreciate walking the length of the big bird and get a feel for the size.

As it happened I ended up in Club on the upper deck. It's like your own private jet up there, sure you'll enjoy it.

You can check-in online up to 24 hours in advance. If you don't leave it to the last minute you should be able to grab some upper deck seats. Check out that seatguru website mentioned above too. Some useful info.

cjhants
9th Mar 2009, 07:14
IB if you can get a booking ref from your travel agent, you should be able to reserve your seat 11 months in advance on line.

the upper deck PE on virgin is good. only 2 seats on each side, so nice wide aisle means you can easily get past the food trolleys if you need the toilets.

also luggage bins between window seat and window give you easy access to your bits and pieces without getting up from your seat. very quiet up there as well. have a great trip.

inglebyboro
11th Mar 2009, 18:17
Many thanks for all the bits of advice.

Got the upgrade to PE booked for the return leg, with seats booked on the upper deck.

Cheers for the idea bout seats at the back in econ. For the outbound leg, row 61 here we come.

Many thanks once again
IB

Power-Attitude-Trim
14th Mar 2009, 10:04
Any flight to US, I would recommend being as far forward as possible due to ridiculous immigration queues on arrival! Get a head start or you can be there for ages. :ugh: