PDA

View Full Version : L@ser, "Laser", Laser

Jumbo Driver
3rd Mar 2009, 08:55
From another (http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/364228-difference-between-irs-ins.html) thread, why does posting "laser" (without the quotes) on this forum display as Laser ?

It also seems to be uncorrectable by an edit (I've just tried it) ...

JD
:)

PS even changing to "Laser" still displays as "l@ser" (both without the quotes) ... :confused:

PPS but interestingly not in the thread title ... :confused: :confused:

Jofm5
3rd Mar 2009, 09:29
These items are a hazard/danger to the flying community when idiots decide to point them at aircraft.

The point in the site substituting the A within the word with an @ is so that when they are being discussed the adverts displayed on the site will be not offering said items for sale.

mixture
3rd Mar 2009, 15:37
The point in the site substituting the A within the word with an @ is so that when they are being discussed the adverts displayed on the site will be not offering said items for sale.

What genius came up with that idea ?

Just like spammers getting around people's simplistic word filters, some marketing guru will add in the word l@ser to their keywords and hey presto.

I'm not saying it will happen immediatley or tomorrow .... but sooner or later, it will !

Shunter
3rd Mar 2009, 17:02
Ads? How quaint.

I've used Firefox/AdBlock for years now, so can't remember the last time I got force-fed web advertising.