PDA

View Full Version : Wizz Air

A320007
3rd Mar 2009, 07:12
Hi all,
I have a job offer at the moment with Wizz, before i take the jump i was wondering, Is Wizz well set to get thru these difficult months ahead operating in Europe, reading the company info, it sounds good, tho i was after some opinions from people operating for them at present, is command a thing to expect, when the criteria has been met, or have people stopped moving else where because of the current economy,
Thanks in advance for all views

Bukowszky
6th Mar 2009, 01:25
really great to know that here I am, a Hungarian citizen, unemployed, and Wizz is hiring you from whoknowswhere... just great!

Mikehotel152
6th Mar 2009, 07:25
Bukowszky - strange comment mate.

eagerbeaver1
6th Mar 2009, 08:12
Wizz air still seem to be flying, so I would imagine the company is OK at the moment but who knows?

If you want to fly and have an offer I would suggest you take it. However if you have to pay for the type rating then think very carefully about the implications.

Command upgrade? Come on, you are not even in yet.

Bukowsky - Welcome to the EU. I/We have watched with impunity while different nationalities were employed before me/others - tough luck.

Cx292
6th Mar 2009, 08:15
Thanks God Soviet Union is over mate!
Welcome in Globalization where you can work abroad without the KGB permit ;)
You should ask Malev (if russians agree of course) to hire you.

EU Uber Alle!

ps: A320007 have you already completed A320 TR? Because some of my friends (not hungarians) are working for Wizz and they started without TR.
I'm just curious, I'm employed somewhere else ;)

A320007
6th Mar 2009, 08:28
Yes currently working and have the type rating and about 1300hrs on type,
Also to add, i am european with the right to live and work throughout europe and JAA licence, so strange to hear from our hungarian friend such comments, :ugh:
Spent the last 2 years working away from europe, as it was difficult chasing jobs, so would be nice get back.

Bukowszky
6th Mar 2009, 08:58
I know that this is a global market!

but the case is that Hungarian licenses are not fully approved by the JAA, because JAA members are protecting their market from us.. so HUngarian pilots cannot get a job anywhere in the EU, not even if -of course- all my training were very high quality 100% according to JAR-FCL regulations. (I did mine among others with a brand new Diamond 42 with g1000, and not with 40 year old junk cessnas..)

so at least I would expect just a very little advantage, considering that I really do not have many options..

it is unfair that the global market can come here and anyone can take a job in Hungary (and Poland, etc..), but us Hungarian pilots CANNOT be a part of the global market.. and it is NOT because we have bad training, oh not at all, it is pure buerocratic messing.. please understand that this pisses me off.

Cx292
6th Mar 2009, 12:14
Well let me say this:

JAA is not protecting nothing...

You flew a DA42? Good! Like everyone .... let me say the problem is another one my friend: You should go somewhere else and find a good job in a good company ;) I'm sure you are a good pilot so stop to think bull****! Just go and fly!
Wizzair has planes registered both in Hungary and Ukraine (another non JAA member thanks God), so what?
Is not JAA or EU fault it's simply WIZZAIR choice ... phone them and tell : Hey I'm Hungarian! You have to hire me!

It's unfair old boy... but that's it and it's not EU fault or JAA fault if you need a visa to expatriate.. it's simply Hungarian gov. decision like Serbia or other eastern countries ;)
Oh the last thing... to be part of JAA you should comply with JAA rules and I have some Hungarian friends .. let me say your rules doesn't , this is the reason why you are not our member.
Go and convert your license in a EU school you will be successful if you are good.

I'm not against you believe me, I'm italian and cannot work in Italy because I don't know the right people ... But ... Hey ! I'm working somewhere else ;)

If you need pm me and I will happy to help you if possible ;)

Best of luck

Daniel777
6th Mar 2009, 14:10
Here in Hungary rumours have been going on for the past few years, saying that the country will be recognized by the JAA shorty...well nothing seems to change.I don't think it is worth waiting.

This is the reason why after completing PPL at home I decided to start my commercial training abroad.
No point in spending loads of money on a licence which is not recognized anywhere else...Unless you want to be in the holding pool for many years.

seventhreedriver
6th Mar 2009, 16:45
Being non JAA member is not the fault of JAA/EASA/whatever the name is. It is solely the fault of our wonderful CAA.

By the way, do you have MCC, or anything beside the required minimum CPL hours?

Getting a job in aviation should be a present, not something which anybody "deserves" just because he/she payed for the training...

ITHAKI
7th Mar 2009, 08:15
Congratz on the job offer,are the new terms require you to give a training bond payment of 10000 euro up front?

TBSC
7th Mar 2009, 13:41
@Bukowszky

1. Wizz Air is not looking for pilots to be based in BUD at the moment
therefore being hungarian has nothing to do with this.
2. Belive me, Wizz Air is not looking for moaners with 250 FH. There is a
very good chance that the guy(s) who are responsible for hiring pilots
read this site and will not pick you based even on your first 4 posts.
Not at all.
3. I am sorry to say this but typical hungarian attitude: I am perfect
(even flew a Diamond a couple of times :eek:) but the bad-bad
government, country, airline, EU and god knows who else does not let
me fly...

huncowboy
12th Mar 2009, 02:36
Just wondering... another Hungarian here. Over in the big old, or not so old, USA without Captain time in the A320, only FO time and the FAA type. Furloughed from the parent company Spirit... Is Wizzair still hiring anyone with FAA licenses or was I completely misinformed about that. Not that I would really consider going back because I would get fat on szalonna and kolbasz in about 2 weeks as I usually do when we visit parents.

airmanbg
13th Mar 2009, 22:09
Gentleman,

I think you turned it into a political topic.

I am bulgarian and we were JAA member but not fully recognized. That changed 1 month ago, so now our licenses will be JAA approved...

I am not happy with the political/administrative and so on situation but I am trying to manage the stuff.

I am currently making my after-PPL-crosscountry flying and after that I will start the night and the IR programs.

In 1 month I have the ATPL exam, so wish me good luck! :-D

P.S. I flew the C-150, 152, 172RG and I'm more than happy dispite their age. :-)

P.P.S. Wizz Air will grow in the future, specially in Bulgaria, and yes- they take with 200h but again you have to know the right people I guess....

Happy flying!

G-FATTY
13th Mar 2009, 23:55
If its your first airline job dont ask questions and sign the contract!

insert_name
14th Mar 2009, 00:55
Hi,

Does anyone know if an ICAO Atpl with jet command is good enough for Wizz. No type rating or time on type though??

Thanks
i_n

airmanbg
14th Mar 2009, 08:14
They will offer you to make the type rating most probably.

FI 21
17th Mar 2009, 01:31
hello!

anybody knows where can i send my CV to WIZZAIR, i just load my CV in the webpage a month ago but still i have no answer, anybody knows other mail direction???

Thank you

gatis_bsl
24th Mar 2009, 09:32
Storm Aviation UK Mr Chris White

VNA Lotus
24th Mar 2009, 10:57
Bukowzsky, don't be jealous, their pay (wizzair) is crap!

lilpilot
26th Mar 2009, 13:53
Here's the thing:

Hungary is a member JAA state BUT the Hungarian CAA failed every single audit for becoming fully recognized for FCL purposes. So, in reality hungarian pilot licences prevent hungarian pilots from stepping into the EU pilot workforce. At the same time other EU/JAA/EASA pilots are free to enter the hungarian pilot workforce market.
Therefore hungarian pilots are very fustrated righfully so.
The reason beeing not their inaptitude as they are good as any other pilot in the world, but the incompetency of hungarian politicians and lawmakers.

pytton
26th Mar 2009, 14:26
"Spent the last 2 years working away from europe, as it was difficult chasing jobs, so would be nice get back."

A320007 - it's impressive to hear you managed to get 1300 hrs on the A320. I am an aspiring student pilot myself and was just wondering if you could share with us some specifics? From what I read here it seems that the biggest problem is getting that first job on a big jet - any chance you could let us know how you managed to do that? PM me if you like :)

Cheers

flightbooking
31st Mar 2009, 18:57
But it will change soon as hopefully the JAR-FCL will be ratified by gov and next year the Hungary issued licenses will be on the mutual recognision list.
:ok:

Bubba_
3rd Apr 2009, 22:20
Bukowsky, why do you have to come up with this crap also on international forums? Especially if you want to work for wizz sometime, where the guy next to you will be most probably not from our country? As I read in hungarian forums you were advised to stand in the queue and be quite. This is how life goes, if you don't like it you can run to become the prime minister and then you can arrange us to become JAA\EASA. I would vote for you:ok:

huncowboy
4th Apr 2009, 02:58
where can I find those Hungarian forums?

Bubba_
4th Apr 2009, 11:45
Pilóta - Index Fórum (http://forum.index.hu/Topic/showTopicList?t=37)

By the way we have an FO who had the type rating in the states, made a validation with an approved instructor and has now national the licence. The CAA is not an issue, they validate all kind of licences in short time should you want to come back;)

huncowboy
6th Apr 2009, 19:13
Thanks! Do you know what kind of total time he had by any chance?

Bubba_
8th Apr 2009, 19:23
Don't know exactly, something like 400+ I think..

huncowboy
9th Apr 2009, 13:35
Really? 400h? (beszaras... sorry for the language :oh:)

I must have misunderstood you. So the guy had an FAA A320 type rating with an FAA Commercial? Because with 400h you can't get an FAA ATP. Or he had everything in JAA and the A320 type was FAA?

I have some 3k+ hours, an FAA ATP, an FAA A320 type, and about 400h in type and close to 2k in jet. (Still somewhat inexperienced in US terms.) Would they look at me considering all this is US stuff? Like I have said I will not go back home as much as I would love to. But it would be interesting to know just in case.

Thanks!

Captain Punishment
9th Apr 2009, 14:03
Hi guys, does anyone know how much a year 1 F/O would get paid with Wizz? Thanks in advance.

Bubba_
10th Apr 2009, 07:57
You just need CPL to fly as an FO as far as I know. I don't know the exact details but I will ask when I meet him. Just look at the number of orders and that should give you the answer;)

huncowboy
10th Apr 2009, 16:53
Yes of course CPL is enough but I guess he had a JAA CPL. Thanks for finding it out I am real curious.

About those number of planes on order. Well my company has some 30-50 (depending who you ass) 320s on order, still I am furloughed. So I am skeptical about orders. But it is nice to have them at least. Does WizzAir still takes on planes in this economy or are those deliveries deferred?

tripleng
18th Sep 2009, 16:22
I've recently applied as rated f/o, does someone know how long does it take to have been called for the interview? How's the screening (questions, simulator, interview panel, etc).
Also news regarding salary and roster will be really appreciated.

Many tks in advance.

pauldr400
27th Sep 2009, 10:10
I have also applied for wizzair's selection (few weeks ago), the deadline is the 5th of october, does anybody have some news from them?

TheBeak
27th Sep 2009, 12:06
I think it is highly unlikely that they are going to take low houred people with no jet experience when they have morons willing to pay 50000 Euros for a job. So don't get your hopes up.

BigNumber
27th Sep 2009, 18:30
Yep, 50,000 Euro's is a hefty 'dowry', however it does place an FATPL in a A320 cockpit for 2 years.

When the market recovers these guy's will be well placed to advance their careers whilst those with MEP time will still be looking for that elusive first gig.

I do not subscribe to the popular 'i'd never interview anyone that paid to fly' stance that has so often been quoted. In my experience 'Line Flying' is 'Line Flying' wherever, and however, it has been sourced sadly.

Those that can will be paying...... the rest of us are exactly that.

Tahitimax
28th Nov 2009, 10:30
Any one know the salary there ? ( FO and Captains )

Thanks

Bernd
4th Dec 2009, 16:25
Dear All,

is there s.o. who can give me some information about a Wizz Air Interview or Screening?

For all other gentlemen:

The Payment in Wizz Air is:

TRE/I: 55 000 EUR p.a.
Captain: 40 000 EUR p.a.
New Captain: 36 000 EUR p.a.
F/O: 25 000 EUR p.a.

For all new pilots: You have to pay your rating by your own.

Ground Course: 24 000 EUR
Sim and Line Training around 20000EUR

no paid accomodation.
Nice deal.

huncowboy
4th Dec 2009, 17:36
wow... I thought I was paid low

stansdead
5th Dec 2009, 09:32
Bernd,

Almost, but not quite.

Captain BASIC is 40000 Euro, then you get:

60 Euro per short sector
72 Per medium sector
84 per long sector

You also get a 3 Euro per sector uplift for every 1000 hours in Wizz, and another 2000 Euro basic per 1000 Hours in Wizz.

Additionally, I get another 8% of everything I earn added to my pay packet for insurances/pension etc.

Sure, it's not the best pay, but it's better than nothing.

As for FO's, I believe that CURRENT fo's get:

20000 Euro basic with less than 1500 hrs TT
25000 Basic above 1500 hrs TT
30 Euro per short, 33 per medium and 36 per long sector.

Not good admittedly, but remember a lot of these FO's are spending only a year or two in RHS before promotion...........and that will continue.

nopoal
5th Dec 2009, 17:10
Good afternoon!!

I have applied a long time ago without answer. I have jet time but no A320 tr. Any clues of how to get called for an assesment?

Regards,

:sad:

GA Button
6th Dec 2009, 14:18
Reapply!!!

airmanbg
6th Dec 2009, 18:02
nopoal, they will call you when they decide to.

If you read what that state in the lines when you apply you will see that they will call you only in case you were preselected.

Regards!

rememberme
7th Dec 2009, 17:40
stansdead,
Can you give me average about how much you make per month(captain),with all included?
Will they give you a health insurance?
Do you have to pay tax in the country you are opearting in?
How much do you pay for type (including line training?)
And finally are you commuting and how many days do you have at home?
Thanks

stansdead
8th Dec 2009, 13:44
Rememberme,

1) Will do if you send me a private message. Not really wanting to publicly display details here.

2) No

3) No. I pay tax in my home country.

4) I came type rated, so I'm afraid I can't offer too much info on that aspect.

5) I commute. I do 5 or 6 days in base and then get 4 at home. It works quite well.

topgun23
8th Dec 2009, 17:10
...morons willing to pay 50000 Euros for a job.
TheBeak Please explain.

bumba
18th Jan 2010, 08:25
Financial Performance

While attempting to hasten SkyEurope's demise in June 2009, Wizz Air claimed it has been "profitable for several years". However, as a private company it is not required to publish its financial accounts. In November 2009, it emerged Wizz Air is significantly loss making and has never made a profit while delaying the pay back of €32 million of debt by five years. Losses since commencing operations total €78 million.
In December 2009 Wizz Air was rated the European airline most likely to next go bust, according to a firm of bookmakers.

anybody has to say something about it?

W.R.A.I.T.H
18th Jan 2010, 08:57
anybody has to say something about it?

Not much except that it is hardly suprising given their pricing policy..it seems to be the new business model in Europe: get loan, set up an outfit of around 10 leased aircaft and recruit heavily from low wage regions + the occasional willing pay to fly-ers. Undercut all and everyone on all routes attempted while never ever making a penny. Close shop when patience has run out and no more loan can be had and move on to pastures greener without a trace of accountability.

TBSC
28th Jan 2010, 23:10
"Around 10 aircraft" is 28 at the moment at Wizz, 34 by the summer with 8 million pax carried in 2009. You might be a couple of years behind.

Please tell us who's patience should run out. Just name one supplier which is not paid by Wizz.

BTW: all those figures are from a slovakian website picked up by a czech news agency. Quess if there is any truth in it.

wanabe2010
29th Jan 2010, 03:09
Just name one supplier which is not paid by Wizz

-Airbus.

lpokijuhyt
29th Jan 2010, 07:51
Any airline that paints their jets pink deserves to go bust.

GA Button
29th Jan 2010, 23:28
Bit harsh! Anyway I think you'll find it's two different shades of purple - at least that's what I tell my mates ;-)

Johnny455
17th Mar 2010, 16:48
any news about new routes to be annouced for cork?

howardhugues
25th Aug 2011, 20:16
HI guys,

Someone has done the interview recently?

If So, could help me how to prepare it?

Thanks a lot.