PDA

View Full Version : resume: any tips?

acuba 290
1st Mar 2009, 10:10
hallo! just got JAA CPL+MEIR issued and going to start send FIRST JOB resume to some airlines. Is there are any pilot resume examples on web to take a look? I have never done it before, so any tips are welcome ;)

Celtic Pilot
1st Mar 2009, 10:18
take a look at

www.pilotinterviews.net (http://www.pilotinterviews.net)

I used them although more for interviews they will help you with the CV as well... I found them excellent and would recommend them to everyone!!!!

Good luck with it!!!

:ok:

redsnail
1st Mar 2009, 11:11
Don't lie
Don't pad.

acuba 290
1st Mar 2009, 13:21
any tip, how picture must look like for first job resume? Hope, no pilot uniform worn? :confused::)

redsnail
1st Mar 2009, 14:33
Don't include one unless specified.
Uniform not required. Most photos will be of head and shoulders.

Tinstaafl
1st Mar 2009, 18:14
One page.

Name, address, phone & email details

Licences & ratings

Hours. Usually includes total, command, multi, night, instrument + any special hous that's relevent or requested.

Aviation related experience. Include non-aviation stuff if relevent to the job applied for.

Other qualifications & experience.

Personal info/interests that could have a positive bearing on this job

Flintstone
1st Mar 2009, 18:32
Blimey, Tinny's awake. ;)

acuba. What reddo and Tinny said. Keep it simple and pertinent. No need to pay someone to do it for you. Happy to send you a template if you wish.

Tinstaafl
2nd Mar 2009, 21:00
Careful. I've seen his templates. It's difficult to erase enough of the crayon to make room for fingerpainting one's own details.

redsnail
2nd Mar 2009, 22:47
I always thought it was the dodgy coffee and other unidentified stains that were impossible to delete.

Any way, good luck :ok:

acuba 290
3rd Mar 2009, 02:13
@Flintstone (http://www.pprune.org/members/9287-flintstone)

thank You for cooperation :ok: got your template, I wish I also had such flying experience to write into CV;)