PDA

View Full Version : Becomming an Air Traffic Controller

Wildduke
1st Mar 2009, 00:27
Hey guys, I have been toying with the IDEA of changing career paths to move into air traffic control. Are there any of you ex controllers out there that might be able to shed a little light on that part of the industry? Anyone know what starting salaries for ATCers are and what the limits of your earning are? Do you have to pay for all your training, recency req. etc, or are you provided with training on acceptance of a job?

tmpffisch
1st Mar 2009, 01:00
Have you looked at the AirServices website? The information is there in the big section labelled 'Careers' Airservices Australia - Careers - Air Traffic Controller (http://www.airservices.gov.au/careers/atc/default.asp).

(And try using the spell check next time...top right corner)

Tarq57
1st Mar 2009, 01:28
tmpffisch, clearly, by the location indicated in his sig, he's asking about careers somewhere else. (http://www.airways.co.nz/careers/careers_index.asp) :E

Wildduke
1st Mar 2009, 05:10
tmpffisch - yeah, I have read the airservices page relating to ATC, however I am hoping to have a chat with someone that is an ex-ATCer or someone who knows a little more about the job and lifestyle that is not included in the brief airservices web page ...and I have downloaded ieSpell and updated my original post at your request...so as not to offend :rolleyes:!

Unregistered1
1st Mar 2009, 06:55
Why not talk to a current controller??

There are plenty of threads on here about becoming an ATC also.:ok:

Keg
1st Mar 2009, 09:50
Do a search for awol57 and send him a PM. He's only recently gone through the process- been out of training for about 12 months I think- and so should have some relatively recent information for you.

Awol57
1st Mar 2009, 12:41
Yep been out of the college aka academy about 18months now. PM me if you want some info.

TrenShadow
1st Mar 2009, 14:00
There's a 4 page thread in the ATC forum on this site - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing...